Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi there!
Hi there!
Hi!

I'm Moebius; a new(ish) member here on the forum. I used to hang out here years ago under a different pseudonym. I had a lot of interesting conversations with people and I liked it, for the most part. But life moved on and for some reason I can't quite remember it kind of petered out.
I'm Swedish born, meaning that being an atheist shouldn't be difficult or dangerous for me. Like a lot of Swedish people I've never really had any religious or beliefs in the supernatural at all. Besides, I've always been what you might call a sceptic. It's not hard for me being an Atheist -- not really. But during recent years I've experienced the negative influence that religion and spirituality has had on a certain field of interest that is very important to me. Also, I've seen first hand how awful life can be when religious beliefs and indoctrination runs amok. It seems to only lead to negative things. Most of this seems to be related to a belief in the supernatural and dieties. I've come to the conclusion that this should at the very least be allowed to be seriously questioned.
I like that there is at least an attempt to curate the discussions on this board and that there is a back-and-forth, so to speak. Too often nowadays there is mostly one-way discourse on the internet.
I greet you all and I hope to have a great time reading and posting here. I'd like to apologize in advance for any spelling and grammar mistakes that I make, since English is not my first language. I've often thought that I've mastered it but then I make some stupid mistake...
RE: Hi there!
Welcome back new (to me) entity.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hello
Welcome!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Welcome.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome, sock...
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Is time becoming a loop?
(August 26, 2023 at 6:00 pm)Fireball Wrote: Welcome, sock...

I'd guess if they can't access or don't remember their original email for password recovery and they weren't banned it might be fine? *Shrug*
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(August 26, 2023 at 10:52 am)Moebius Wrote: Hi!

I'm Moebius; a new(ish) member here on the forum. I used to hang out here years ago under a different pseudonym. I had a lot of interesting conversations with people and I liked it, for the most part. But life moved on and for some reason I can't quite remember it kind of petered out.
I'm Swedish born, meaning that being an atheist shouldn't be difficult or dangerous for me. Like a lot of Swedish people I've never really had any religious or beliefs in the supernatural at all. Besides, I've always been what you might call a sceptic. It's not hard for me being an Atheist -- not really. But during recent years I've experienced the negative influence that religion and spirituality has had on a certain field of interest that is very important to me. Also, I've seen first hand how awful life can be when religious beliefs and indoctrination runs amok. It seems to only lead to negative things. Most of this seems to be related to a belief in the supernatural and dieties. I've come to the conclusion that this should at the very least be allowed to be seriously questioned.
I like that there is at least an attempt to curate the discussions on this board and that there is a back-and-forth, so to speak. Too often nowadays there is mostly one-way discourse on the internet.
I greet you all and I hope to have a great time reading and posting here. I'd like to apologize in advance for any spelling and grammar mistakes that I make, since English is not my first language. I've often thought that I've mastered it but then I make some stupid mistake...
Thank you for the welcomes!
However. I do have to say that a couple of the responses I got to this post creeped me out a bit. Yes, I know this is the internet and perhaps some of you do have reasons to be paranoid -- I don't know. But if I was some kind of malignant sock-puppeteer, why would I openly state that I once had a different account on this forum? I could just have shut up about it. But to assuage any possible fears you may have, I can tell you that I don't have any bad intentions. I'm just here to read and maybe discuss as politely as is possible under the circumstances.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey there, hi there, ho there NaughtyButNice 19 3087 February 14, 2016 at 4:56 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello!!! I am glad to see there is an awesome atheist community out there! The Reason Tribune 2 1824 August 31, 2012 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused