Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay dating in areas with no scene
Gay dating in areas with no scene
In areas where there is no large or obvious gay scene (no gay nightclubs or gay dating events or clubs etc), how do folks find dating?

It seems to me that cities/towns are pretty much the only plausible option for succusful gay dating.
RE: Gay dating in areas with no scene
I'm not gay but even I know about grindr, plus a million other apps like tinder or sites like fab swingers.

Most places in the UK aren't that desolate. Unless you're actually like some Scottish farmer scanning the horizon with binoculars looking for gay companionship.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Dunno, even grindr seems pretty empty here. And grindr isn't really for dating, more just casual hook-ups.
Out of curiosity where are you in the UK that's so far away from any town or city?

Not asking for anything too specific, it's just rare that someone is that far away from anywhere.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Devon, lol Smile

Mid Devon was truly a wilderness. But I've since moved to a small town. Less of a wilderness, but it has only the smallest of gay communities that I can find. Not a lot of dating possibilities round here.

The biggest urban areas in Devon are Exter and Plymouth. Exeter has one gay-ish club that's small and a bit trash, but Plymouth has a small gay village. Shame it's far enough away that to visit would require an overnight hotel, which I intend to do but is expensive (I have limited funds).

My part of Devon had it's first Pride in over a decade. It's not exactly a hotbed of lgbtq+ activity.
It sounds like you're in a place where all kinds of dating would be a problem, you don't live around enough humans.

^This. If I were trying to date and lived in an area with nothing but gay people, I imagine it’d be kinda difficult.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The older brother of a guy I dated in high school was gay. We lived in tiny towns in the midst of Iowa cornfields. He used to go to St. Louis and Chicago to find scenes. As far as I know, there still isn't a scene in the area where I grew up.

There are probably more options a little closer now than SL and Chitown.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Having grown up in a small town, knowing other gay people more by common sense than association, we all had to move away to find a gay scene elsewhere in the state.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I live in San Diego.
Are there any straight people left in the world ?
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are there no local dating companies? BananaFlambe 26 1931 December 6, 2023 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Dating Advice FrustratedFool 77 3727 October 30, 2023 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: BananaFlambe