Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gender Issues and Religion (especially Abrahamic Religions)
Gender Issues and Religion (especially Abrahamic Religions)
   Here is a very interesting (20 minute) on child brides in Malawi:

https://youtu.be/VaaSQteodLs?t=3

So that’s my position on misogyny in my own and in any other religion. The “Negative” components are usually superficial interpretation and/or deliberate misinterpretation that belong to human “scholars” not to the prophets or the religious teachings themselves.  Smile
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

RE: Gender Issues and Religion (especially Abrahamic Religions)
Oh sure. Pedo prophet was an egalitarian wokester.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Excerpt:

Quote: You don’t get crucified in front of everyone for being “too spiritual”. Today and yesterday, you have to have been a Marthing Luther King Jr. or an Abraham Lincoln, or at least a Ghandi to make people want to murder you in that way. Only if you have made thing move will you be murdered in that way. Otherwise, nobody will care.

I invite you to study the early history of Mormonism.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(January 2, 2024 at 3:05 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Oh sure. Pedo prophet was an egalitarian wokester.

In absolute fairness, Islam did create something of a revolution in women's rights... at least for the admittedly extremely low standards of the 7th Century Middle East. And, sadly, a lot of Muslim-majority countries seem to have taken that as a cue to not go any further than that.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(January 2, 2024 at 4:41 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Excerpt:

Quote: You don’t get crucified in front of everyone for being “too spiritual”. Today and yesterday, you have to have been a Marthing Luther King Jr. or an Abraham Lincoln, or at least a Ghandi to make people want to murder you in that way. Only if you have made thing move will you be murdered in that way. Otherwise, nobody will care.

I invite you to study the early history of Mormonism.

Boru

I did some reading here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism

If I am correct this is about conflict between the different sects of the same religion. Today the IRI was hit by ISIL. Two-three months ago Suni Pakistan was hit by the Taliban (who are also -reportedly- Suni Muslims).

To me, genuine spiritual teachings are different. The main problem with Jesus for instance was that there was already a living deity in the Roman Empire (who was the emperor himself), so Jesus could not be “the Son of God”. Besides the only thing close to his teachings within the Roman Empire was Mithraism (something like today’s freemasonry). But these people were a secret society. They didn’t say openly and loudly that all men were the creatures of God and therefore equals before God so that all the members of a very stratified society in which power was the only common currency could hear it.

That’s how you get to die in this manner. Another example of that very same Era was Spartacus (The 1960 – Kirk Douglas Movie is a must see).
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Issue of Idolatry in Abrahamic Religions Leonardo17 28 2698 October 10, 2023 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  The Abrahamic sacrifice of his son. Mystic 182 18844 March 29, 2018 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Is Islam more or less violent in Its teachings then other religions? Goosebump 38 6218 June 9, 2015 at 3:36 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Western Religions Have No Monopoly on Lunatics BrianSoddingBoru4 19 3024 May 29, 2015 at 12:56 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5471 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Bill Maher: Islam in not like other religions mralstoner 1 1104 September 14, 2014 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Tonus