Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plans for a multi-faith house of lords.
Plans for a multi-faith house of lords.
http://richarddawkins.net/articles/61877...aith-lords

Confused Fall
RE: Plans for a multi-faith house of lords.
A better idea would be to take the s-o-bs out and push them off the Tower Bridge.
I had a humorous notion of some backwoods redneck fundie reading that article saying, "Wut a bunch of blasphemy! House of Lords? There's only one lord, and that's the Lord Jesus Christ!!!"
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
You English slaves have "Lords", that's fucking bad enough.
Having Lords isn't my issue, having unelected Lords who are put in a position of power for nothing other than the fact they have climbed to the top of their particular religious cult is where I have issue.

The House of Lords should be an elected chamber, just like Parliment.
(April 26, 2011 at 5:44 am)Skipper Wrote: Having Lords isn't my issue, having unelected Lords who are put in a position of power for nothing other than the fact they have climbed to the top of their particular religious cult is where I have issue.

Good Luck with that one Skipper. As far as I understand it "the House of Lords" prerequisite is to be born on the right side of the sheets? Dodgy
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(April 26, 2011 at 5:44 am)Skipper Wrote: Having Lords isn't my issue, having unelected Lords who are put in a position of power for nothing other than the fact they have climbed to the top of their particular religious cult is where I have issue.

If they're elected they aren't "Lords" though are they.
What Would Guy Fawkes Do?
What would Chuck Norris do???
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I loved this comment

Quote:Comment 2 by Scoundrel
so when do we get Jedi masters in parliament.
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Plans To Reach Out? BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1346 November 9, 2020 at 12:45 am
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
Shocked Do you think Trump will be arrested or kicked out of the White House soon? WinterHold 32 3738 July 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  One Less Cunt In The White House Minimalist 0 363 June 5, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  White House Gun Meeting Foxaèr 23 2138 March 1, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The White House, an adult daycare center. Jehanne 3 845 October 9, 2017 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Schumer Plans To Announce The Democratic Agenda Tomorrow Minimalist 10 1005 July 24, 2017 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Aegon
  The House Joins The Senate Minimalist 20 1939 July 23, 2017 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The White House meets Westeros Foxaèr 2 515 July 16, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Elon Musk Quits White House Advisor Role Foxaèr 11 3173 June 2, 2017 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  After leading ACA repeal in the House, Trump praises Australia's universal healthcare Aegon 26 5168 May 6, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII