Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elon Musk Quits White House Advisor Role
Elon Musk Quits White House Advisor Role
They're dropping like flies.

Quote:President Trump's decision to leave the Paris agreement is the final straw for Elon Musk, who has just quit his White House advisory role.

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/el...agreement/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Elon Musk Quits White House Advisor Role
unintended consequences of abrogating the Paris Treaty along with Trump's push for less regulation of business is making it easier for fledging green energy startups to get going and to help them find motivation to succeed.

Despite himself, Trump may have nevertheless been carbon neutral (or better) this week. I hope he finds it as galling as I find it funny.

What do you call it when somebody fucks up fucking up ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

One negative noted about withdrawal from Paris is that US won't have a voice in future meetings.

Advisors withdraw from Trump, so they won't have a voice in future meetings.  Clap
I can imagine what it's like for a guy like Musk to have to sit and listen to the stupidity, and not have his reasoned opinion heard. He didn't get where he is by ignoring reality. The irony is that companies that embrace green technology actually end up saving money, if they do it right. Asking employees for suggestions also pays great dividends, which (in the past) has been rewarded. Where I worked last, we had dozens of roll-up doors, some as high as 80 feet, all painted flat gray. One of the techs was standing next to a door (on the inside), and said that the company should paint them gloss white to throw off some of the heat. This was back in the '90s. He made the suggestion through the proper channels, and was rewarded 10% of the change in electrical costs (estimated) for one year's worth of electricity. He was awarded several thousand dollars, IIRC. The company is still saving money on this, decades later.

The people telling the Chump to back out of the accord to "MAGA" are just wrong-headed. And you know somebody had to tell him, because he doesn't know shit from Shinola on, well, pretty much anything. The reduction in coal mining and ancillary industries also leads to a healthier population. What's not to understand?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
another unintended consequence might be the pulling of jobs from ecologically unfriendly areas (like China) to the US where despite Trump himself, we still have the accrual of EPA progress since the 1970s when it was established under Tricky Dickie's watch. (and hopefully Nixon found it as galling then and until he passed too)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It would be pretty sweet if solar jobs got pulled from china...since china makes solar panels that are dirtier than fossil fuels by exporting their environmental impact to even lesser developed shitholes whiulst the manufacturers themselves have dismembered regulatory bodies and their own self reporting system.

The last time the solar industry was green was when there was a surplus of defect silicon in silicon valley.  Once demand outstripped that surplus, the usual market forces took over and swirled the whole thing into the sustainable toilet.

-before anyone misunderstands me

I;m not saying that there are no green panels, only that the panels and manufacturers that dminate the maret aren;t the good ones™.  No amount of economic stimulus seems likely to change that, since past green subsidies meant to incentivize that sector were precisely what those shady manufacturers used to push out their cleaner competitors the first go round. The solar business I was part of...the kind that employs people locally..with good wages..that -was- green (the holy grail of all business in the us, from anyone's point of view)..... green energy subsidies actually killed that.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 2, 2017 at 10:33 am)alpha male Wrote: One negative noted about withdrawal from Paris is that US won't have a voice in future meetings.

Advisors withdraw from Trump, so they won't have a voice in future meetings.  Clap

This was probably the last straw because he's not being listened to. He wasn't the only one; Disney's CEO also stepped down for similar reasons. It definitely makes a bigger impact than staying as advisors just to be ignored.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(June 2, 2017 at 10:33 am)alpha male Wrote: One negative noted about withdrawal from Paris is that US won't have a voice in future meetings.

You seem to think your favorite shitfaced howler monkey and his fascist Breitbart string puller will stay in the whitehouse long enough to have many more meetings.   I guess that's not too different from thinking the composted corpse of deadbeat no good Jewish carpenter will come again.
(June 2, 2017 at 10:33 am)alpha male Wrote: One negative noted about withdrawal from Paris is that US won't have a voice in future meetings.

Advisors who were proponents of climate change were already being ignored.  Why stay if your voice is already silenced before you even speak?
It is disappointing that he quit, but the chances of changing Trumps mind on this topic, when he thinks it's a hoax and all the people he is closest to agree, is nil.  Trump isn't one to admit he's made a mistake.  Covfefe anyone?  It's a secret word he meant to type, not a mistake.  

The US in the Paris Accords, otoh, would have been a large voice in the room.  

These situations are not the same.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I volunteer as the secretary of my HOA. No matter how ineffective one is, I say, it is always better to have a seat at the table, if only to know the inside scoop. Mr. Musk may be quite brilliant but in this case I believe he was unwise.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The white privilege to terrorize Foxaèr 116 8221 November 2, 2020 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Militias/BS white anxiety and toilet paper. Brian37 10 1165 October 29, 2020 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  White liberals are the true racists Sammin 55 4344 October 23, 2018 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  White Christians are in retreat Minimalist 0 230 October 21, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Shocked Do you think Trump will be arrested or kicked out of the White House soon? WinterHold 32 3738 July 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  One Less Cunt In The White House Minimalist 0 363 June 5, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The SPLC - All White at the Top John V 29 4108 April 24, 2018 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Republican advisor made a woman a sex slave Rev. Rye 67 8043 April 12, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  White House Gun Meeting Foxaèr 23 2138 March 1, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My issue with Musk sending a Tesla into space Coveny 16 1563 February 10, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Fireball