Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teenage Atheist stood up for seperation of Church and State and is now being attacked
Teenage Atheist stood up for seperation of Church and State and is now being attacked
Please read this article (and the comments below).

Take a moment to register and give your support to a fellow atheist.
RE: Teenage Atheist stood up for seperation of Church and State and is now being attacked
Quote:“And what’s even more sad is this is a student who really hasn’t contributed anything to graduation or to their classmates,” Quinn said.

She's fucking wrong. He just taught them a very important lesson about trying to cram their superstitions up someone else's asshole.
RE: Teenage Atheist stood up for seperation of Church and State and is now being attacked
I must first express my disappointment. When I read in the overview box "Teenage atheist stood...", I completed that with 'In the fire'.

And no, i won't register right yet. That is because you are new (1 post, even. This post). And no introduction yet.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 18, 2011 at 4:12 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: I must first express my disappointment. When I read in the overview box "Teenage atheist stood...", I completed that with 'In the fire'.

And no, i won't register right yet. That is because you are new (1 post, even. This post). And no introduction yet.

I've been a lurker for awhile here...but my usual hang out is on Reddit.com (reddit.com/r/atheism)

This article just pissed me off I decided to temporarily come out of lurker status..... but I'll go introduce myself if that helps.
Quote:Ironically, atheists MUST believe in God otherwise they wouldn't cause such a stir.
No, no of course we wouldn't...Facepalm
It will help, I'll register once you introduce yourself Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: It will help, I'll register once you introduce yourself Tongue

Done
Quote:But he that shall deny me before me shall be denied before the angels of heaven. (Luke 12.9)

Of course someone quotes the big fat book of fairytales!Facepalm

Quote:This really makes me mad. If they don't want to pray then stick your fingers in your ears.

Ah, yes. Plug our ears so we can be just as ignorant as these people.Lalala
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
What I find so ironic is if Muslims were fighting to have a Muslim lead prayer at this gradutaion, the same people throwing a fit about prayer being banned would be abolsutely furious. Let's be very clear on this issue, they are NOT defending prayer in school. They are defending THEIR prayer in school. These people are all for religious freedom and strict constitutionalism as long as it doesn't impede on their rights. Everyone else's rights can be ignored if it means spreading the word of their lord.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Sorry, but I think this kid is just obnoxious, if they want to mumble their ridiculous incantations at the sky, let em. I don't know know if they prayed at my graduation as I chose not to waste a perfectly good afternoon on that nonsense. But I'm really sick of our current obsession with getting offended over every little thing. It's nauseating.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reporter Gets Attacked by Ostriches WinterHold 6 504 November 11, 2020 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The current state of cinema... Gawdzilla Sama 13 627 September 19, 2018 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Fox News Defends Prayer Forced By The State Mechaghostman2 5 417 February 11, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Bill Maher - Stupidest State 2012 Minimalist 5 5326 March 18, 2012 at 6:04 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Newport (Ymerodraeth State of Mind) Tiberius 2 1136 July 26, 2010 at 7:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Lars Vilks attacked by Religion of peace zealots. leo-rcc 7 2138 May 12, 2010 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Satan in the Catholic Church? I think he's in every church. binny 2 1561 March 28, 2010 at 9:02 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  ShaneDK: Separation of Church and State leo-rcc 1 1121 March 27, 2010 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Church Phone Call - Atheist Vs Preacher leo-rcc 6 2732 May 31, 2009 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Samson
  John F. Kennedy On The Seperation Of Church And State leo-rcc 1 1347 March 29, 2009 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Rockthatpiano06