Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just another (black) Atheist here
Just another (black) Atheist here
Hey, I became an atheist my first year of college and before that I was a Christian. I never could believe the stuff I heard in church, and when I tried to it was like trying to do the impossible. The Atheist Experience show was the key factor in turning me into an atheist along with my doubts. I love when Matt Dillahunty agrue with theist.

I am also black, people tell me black atheist are rare.

I am mainly on this site to make some atheist facebook friends and to read other atheist's post.

I am 20 years old, and live in altanta, Georgia.
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." Robert Pirsig'sFSM Grin
RE: Just another (black) Atheist here
Welcome black atheist. Male or female? Atheist females seem (to me anyway) to be rare so if you're black and female you're a super rare atheistSmile
binnyCoffee
I am a male. Yeah that would be super rare.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." Robert Pirsig'sFSM Grin
Welcome
Hi
[Image: Evolution.png]

Drkojiin Wrote:Hey, I became an atheist my first year of college and before that I was a Christian. I never could believe the stuff I heard in church, and when I tried to it was like trying to do the impossible. The Atheist Experience show was the key factor in turning me into an atheist along with my doubts. I love when Matt Dillahunty agrue with theist.
Great to have you on the board. I used to be christian as well, but I never bought into that trinity stuff, and was probably more Unitarian/Universalist at the time. Strange how titles do very little in describing things, yet we rely on them almost exclusively for defining concepts and such.

Drkojiin Wrote:I am also black, people tell me black atheist are rare.
Do you mind if I start a trend of calling you "The Doctor" or "Dr." for short? Seems we Honkies (especially in the Nordic countries) have the market cornered on atheism. I love a good race joke done in good taste. Not tedious in the form of Chris Rock, but more intuitive like Charlie Murphy and George Carlin.
I would say the most rare (in America) is The black female atheist. In fact I just posted a few days ago lamenting the lack of such on our forum.

Dr Wrote:I am mainly on this site to make some atheist facebook friends and to read other atheist's post.

I am 20 years old, and live in altanta, Georgia.
We have another young buck here. LOL. Welcome to the fold. Always happy to see young atheists coming out of that closet. I personally dont care for Facebook. This forum is much better in my opinion.
I met an older atheist at work today who was also black, me and him were laughing it up over the idiots who think the rapture is going to happen on May 21st, and how unreliable the bible is..I do believe he called it "damn foolish".
I am sorry DrKojiin.

I've never seen this kind of blatant racism on this forum before.

Don't get me wrong. Not everyone here likes me, but at least they dislike me for my views and not my skin color.

I guess what I'm saying is that you are welcome here and that idiot is not .... well, not to me anyway.

EDIT: OK cool ... the post I have been referencing has been removed. (In case you're confused by what I wrote)

(May 21, 2011 at 12:07 am)binny Wrote: Welcome black atheist. Male or female? Atheist females seem (to me anyway) to be rare so if you're black and female you're a super rare atheistSmile

Im married to one, she is white, but I agree that they are still rare. It is nice being a pure atheistic family in my opinion, we have no secrets.
(May 21, 2011 at 1:47 am)Cinjin Cain Wrote: I am sorry DrKojiin.

Don't get me wrong. Not everyone here likes me, but at least they dislike me for my views and not my skin color.

I guess what I'm saying is that you are welcome here and that idiot is not .... well, not to me anyway.

EDIT: OK cool ... the post I have been referencing has been removed. (In case you're confused by what I wrote)

No need to apologize for something you had no control over. We just had a Troll come onto our site and try to fuck things up. I'm sure the Dr. can understand that easily.

With that said, I have a good race joke:

How many Honkies does it take to screw in a light bulb?

TWO

One to call a Mexican to do the job for him because he is so fucking lazy, and the other to complain that the Mexican is taking his job.
(May 21, 2011 at 1:47 am)Cinjin Cain Wrote: I am sorry DrKojiin.

Hell, I dont even know what your skin color is. Im currently sporting a farmers tan myself, so my skin goes from pale white to tanned honkey.

Regardless, I like your posts.. you have a fresh sense of humor that I can appreciate.
@Cinjin cain Yeah I understand the troll problem. @reverandjerimiyah Those jokes are funny.
Sorry I am slow at replying I haven't been on a forum in a long time

(May 21, 2011 at 2:10 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Hell, I dont even know what your skin color is. Im currently sporting a farmers tan myself, so my skin goes from pale white to tanned honkey.

Regardless, I like your posts.. you have a fresh sense of humor that I can appreciate.

Thanx Rev, you are often a very humorous man yourself. Thumb up

FYI - I'm just a regular white guy - but that's my point - get mad at me for my views ... thats fine, my race should have nothin to do with it you know?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1781 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5328 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Just arrived from The Thinking Atheist Gwaithmir 20 3075 October 1, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Just joined – here's my story! GeorgiasTelescope 20 4109 June 25, 2017 at 4:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hi, I'm not new but here is another side to me. Whateverist 12 2281 May 2, 2017 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hello everybody! just came out as an atheist. JeffY 14 2627 April 24, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Black Female Atheist Here In_Front_of_The_Veil 45 4933 March 6, 2017 at 11:14 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Hi, an agnostic here ... just agnostic. TheHuxleyAgnostic 47 4128 November 12, 2016 at 4:06 am
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  New Atheist here! AceBoogie 10 1619 October 31, 2016 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Another noobie here :) LadyForCamus 27 3556 December 9, 2015 at 11:44 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus