Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone play DDO
Anyone play DDO
That's Dungeons and Dragons Online. Anyone play, have comments, tips, etc.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
RE: Anyone play DDO
(June 6, 2011 at 8:26 pm)tackattack Wrote: That's Dungeons and Dragons Online. Anyone play, have comments, tips, etc.

I limit my "nerd factor" to only two online forum sites. I've never even tried online games ..... mostly because I'm afraid I'd like them and than I'd turn into somebody like Sae Tongue

Just bustin your ballz SaeBig Grin
[Image: Evolution.png]

Sae has balls?

Making fun of a chaotic neutral (good) person whose understanding of 'good' is often other's understanding of evil...

And she is your galactic empress...

With a vast Silicoid fleet armed with Mauler Devices and High Energy Focus and Hyperthrust Drives...

And she also is vulnerable to the one thing that killed the creater God, and to nothing else.

Think about this next time you try to insult this demigod on basis of her cursed platform that she is trying to change legally -_-
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
There's meaning there, but all of you stop derailing my thread. It is kind of cumbersome to "family time" But I'm a shift worker and am usually awake when the family is asleep. Haven't you heard, video games are good for staving off alzheimer's?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

They started it!

[Image: crying+smiley.jpeg]

But back to topic... I don't play DDO (I play Rift). That isn't to say I wouldn't enjoy DDO... just that I don't play it and haven't.
I enjoy the AI of the enemies, the fact it's not nerfed and still difficult to reach max level. I really enjoy a game where you can't get to level 50 in 2 weeks, and frequently die if you're not careful at the early levels. The AI they use for NPC's (ie. hirelings is absolutely retarted though, but a good interface. I also prefer soloable MMO (contradiction I know). I think I would have preffered it though pre 3.x rules though.

Soloable MMOs do not exist. WoW is not an MMORPG. It is an RPG. You will never see a person in it that is not in a city.

Rift Heart
I meant as a majorty of gameplay not teh entirety. From everythign I've read and have done so far, DDO is a very soloable MMO.

(June 7, 2011 at 3:20 am)tackattack Wrote: I meant as a majorty of gameplay not teh entirety. From everythign I've read and have done so far, DDO is a very soloable MMO.

I believe it... I also know that MMOs are to me exactly zero fun to play solo. I am a socializing gamer after all. I'm also an explorer. And competitive even.

I almost want to buy Rift for you just to have yet another person to socialize with and help out Wink I honestly didn't believe I'd be dropping WoW, especially not for something that is essentially WoW2 + some awesome features from the likes of Warhammer and the most awesome development team ever. But I did. Like a hot potato.

Rift is also very soloable, but don't for a moment think it isn't dangerous. You *will* die. Luckily, death doesn't do horrible things like let your armor be looted or knock off you experience Wink

I'll stop advertising Rift now, I swearz...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2140 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Anyone here play GTA Online? copiedusername 2 691 December 17, 2019 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: copiedusername
  Would you play Pacman if he looked like this? Mechaghostman2 10 2239 November 4, 2019 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Destiny 2 base game will go Free to play Cepheus Ace 0 380 June 7, 2019 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Let's play Holy Text misprints! FebruaryOfReason 0 565 February 22, 2016 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Does anyone play CAH? Losty 2 892 September 24, 2015 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Losty
  Anyone play Project Zomboid? dyresand 0 735 August 2, 2015 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Does anyone play terraria? Mental Outlaw 1 840 July 26, 2015 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Exian
  Anyone Here Play the Sims Games? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 5 1204 July 23, 2015 at 5:26 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Anyone else here play eve online? Lemonvariable72 15 2910 June 3, 2015 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: dyresand