Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lego Middle Earth
Lego Middle Earth
Yeah, it's geekery, but it is also some amazing conceptual art.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/276793

I don't have a ton of experience with free-building using Legos, but am working on a long-term lesson plan for using them in a Latin class and so have become more aware of how open the framework is with these things.
Trying to update my sig ...
RE: Lego Middle Earth
That's actually pretty cool. Probably took a lot of geeks a lot of time though.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Legos...rock....hard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Some amazing stuffs. Nice Smile
That looked time consuming.

Good

But time consuming.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Yeah, cool stuff.

People create many kinds of time-consuming things, like making sculptures out of toothpicks, for example. Time is not a factor when you really enjoy doing something. Big Grin
And when the result is something that has some sort of meaning.
Legos are fun..I play with my son all the time with his legos..we also have all the lego games for PS3, Clone wars being my absolute favorite right now
One of my nephews is a rabid Lego fiend, and my brother-in-law, an engineer with NOAO, is still a huge fan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goodbye, Earth! Jehanne 5 539 June 30, 2022 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  photos that prove Afghanistan is one the most beautiful places on earth. WinterHold 71 9831 September 6, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Happy Earth Day? Foxaèr 3 504 April 29, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Lego-Type House Building BrianSoddingBoru4 4 538 May 1, 2018 at 8:56 am
Last Post: johan
  Could the USSR have stabilized the Middle East? Mechaghostman2 10 2671 May 6, 2016 at 9:28 am
Last Post: dyresand
  The only thing the middle east needs dyresand 1 920 December 6, 2015 at 3:05 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Imagine If You were the Only Person Left on Earth Rhondazvous 13 3578 November 22, 2015 at 3:50 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Middle child...middle finger? Athene 38 5785 September 14, 2015 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: MTL
  (LEGO comic, satirical) There has been a war against Catholocism? ReptilianPeon 0 645 June 25, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  What does it take to conquer the world & become unchallenged Emperor of Earth? H2O 43 5890 March 3, 2015 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: H2O