Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationist trying to prove evolution with creationism
Creationist trying to prove evolution with creationism

A very strange Science article in the BBC today. It seems a creation scientist is trying to use the Bible and tenets of Creation Science themselves to debunk creationist theory and the Biblical account of creation. He is trying to show using creation science's methodology that evolution, and not divine intervention, gave rise to life on Earth. This is a long article, but here is an extract. You can read the whole article at Can religious teachings prove evolution to be true? (BBC)

"One scientist has decided to use creation science to test the validity of evolution.

"Because, he says, if it turns out that creation science proves evolution, then by its own logic, it will have to reject its own canon of research that previously denied it.

It’s a clever idea, because it once again puts evidence, rather than faith, at the centre of the debate.

"Science cannot prove that God doesn’t exist, or that God may have once put in place all known physical laws and processes that shaped the universe and everything in it.

"Science cannot challenge faith, which by its very nature, does not require evidence (many scientists are religious people who see no contradiction between their faith and work and many people of faith see no contradiction with what science can explain).

"But science does require evidence, and this evidence allows us to explain, with increasing accuracy, how the world around us works.

"The power of this evidence-based approach may explain the rise of creation science, which to briefly summarise, seeks evidence supporting the literal interpretation of the biblical book of Genesis.

"Such research is then published in journals such as Journal of Creation and Creation Research Society Quarterly, and these technical reports are then cited in a vast, growing body of populist creationist literature that conflicts with, and undermines the teaching of evolution.

"Today, more than 20% of the British public and the majority of US citizens, either tentatively or explicitly reject evolution, according to surveys published in the journal Science."

James. The Hammer of the Gods against Creationism.

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
RE: Creationist trying to prove evolution with creationism
(July 6, 2011 at 3:29 pm)Anymouse Wrote: "One scientist has decided to use creation science to test the validity of evolution.

Man, see, I've been looking for creation science all over the place and I cant find any. Who the hell is this guys supplier?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
If it works, they'll just toss it in De Nile.
I think creation science disproves evolution completely. I mean do any of the creation scientists look like they've evolved past chimps?
When did you start hating chimps?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Mammals ain't evolved none at all.
(July 6, 2011 at 3:43 pm)Rhythm Wrote: When did you start hating chimps?

I love creationist chimps dearly, so long as they keep to their cages and stay quiet.

Quote:"The power of this evidence-based approach may explain the rise of creation science, which to briefly summarise, seeks evidence supporting the literal interpretation of the biblical book of Genesis.

And ignores reality whenever it is necessary!
(July 6, 2011 at 4:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:"The power of this evidence-based approach may explain the rise of creation science, which to briefly summarise, seeks evidence supporting the literal interpretation of the biblical book of Genesis.

And ignores reality whenever it is necessary!

If one is so arrogant as to cheery pick evidence, then one evidently has no respect for where evidence really leads. In that case, why bother with evidence at all, besides to misuse it as a tool of deception?

Cherry picking and deception. That seems to be all that they're good at. They suck at being right about anything. That's why they are ignored. Tongue
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent Design Is Pseudoscience: Creationist Lies About Evolution Debunked CodeDNA 7 1017 April 22, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: no one
Video Rebuttal To Creationist Peanut Butter Argument QuackeryDetection 2 447 May 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Debunking Creationism #1 - How Human Evolution Works QuackeryDetection 58 4877 May 17, 2022 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Good Questions To Ask A Creationist BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1598 April 23, 2019 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Aw, More Trouble For Creationism... BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1601 December 27, 2016 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  More things against creationism dyresand 27 4387 June 12, 2015 at 12:01 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Creationist finds fossils, still not convinced zebo-the-fat 16 4214 May 31, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Worom
  New creationist movie: Evolution's Achilles' Heels Dolorian 35 10700 August 28, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Question about creationist argument TheDeafPianoTuner 17 3933 July 4, 2014 at 9:02 am
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  A Response to Creationist on: Sahelanthropus Tchadensis Duke Guilmon 1 1403 May 3, 2014 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72