Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
A question about original sin.
A question about original sin.
Hey guys, a Christian friend of mine and I were discussing about the original sin recently. He said that we are not actually accountable for that apple eating sin of Adam and Eve. But somehow their act affected us and made us all sinners, so now everybody sins. Therefore no one can get into heaven in their current situation, even if they've done good deeds. Only by sacrificing his son for our sins, god can allow us get to heaven.(I'm not even bother trying to explain why this whole idea is idiotic Dead Horse ) My question is, if that's true, doesn't that make all the events before Jesus, --like the great flood kinda wiping out people events-- extremely unnecessary? I mean okay, we are sinners because we are affected by some Adam&Eve apple eating virus or something, and there is no cure for it, except for sacrificing Jesus. Then why the hell did you tried to prevent us to sin, or punished us when we sinned, anyway? So Christian forum mates, if you believe in this idea as my friend does, can you explain this to me? And, if you believe there is another explanation to original sin I'd like to hear it too.
Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
RE: A question about original sin.
Your friend is an idiot who has swallowed too much xtian kool-aid.
Or why didn't this retard of a God sacrifice Jesus the day after Adam ate the apple?
Then all would have been right with the world.

I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
I'm guessing it took a while to convince Jesus to the idea...

Quote:Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Gandalf The Gray.
Or, why didn't this godtard not have the ability to teach a good lesson by letting the kids practice a bit, make a few mistakes, etc., before taking "the test?"

Monotheism just blows donkey dick for making any sense whatsoever, and mystery religions in general are the most fucked up of all their ilk.
Trying to update my sig ...
(July 18, 2011 at 9:43 pm)annatar Wrote: Hey guys, a Christian friend of mine and I were discussing about the original sin recently.

I think if you try to use logic arguing or debating the matter of original sin with your Christian friend you'll find your head is likely to explode for the frustration of not getting through.

St. Augustine declared, "The deliberate sin of the first man is the cause of original sin." Because Adam chose to be persuaded by the woman, Eve, to disobey the command of god not to eat of the forbidden apple. Plucked from the tree that god planted in paradise, mind you. Because Christianity is a Patriarchal faith the origin of the human race is traced back through the male line. When in truth it was Eve that first chose to disobey god and eat of the apple.

Original sin applies in utero, forming a barrier between the unborn human and god. Interestingly enough, prior to being seeded in that damned womb, the soul originated by the will of god from Heaven where it was perfect.

Of course it's all bullshit. None of it is true. It's myth, fable and superstition created and promoted to enslave the intellect to feeling subservient to something unseen while choosing to be convinced self-deprecation is a positive attribute that pleases god.
Why didn't god forgive one mistake in the garden? Why instead having created Adam and Eve in his image and likeness and yet without intellect, which is what the fruit of the tree of gnosis would have bestowed and yet was forbidden unto Adam and Eve else it would have made them like unto god, which they already were because they were created in god's image and likeness, did omniscient omnipresent omnipotence choose to damn not only Adam and Eve but all the generations they spawned to life afterwards, infinitely?
That is, until he changed his mind and sent himself to suffer torture and die on a cross so as to prove to the damned that he'd forgive them for being born with his applied curse if they only accepted his torture was proof he loved them now?

The trouble with Baptized Christians is they don't hold them under long enough. Maybe if they did they'd panic a bit having barely any air left and when they came up for air they're realize how absurd the whole thing is. Salvation is asking to be saved from the wrath of god if one dies his natural born sinner. Repentance is asking to repent from the god ordained condition of damned sinner, because the first of our kind made one unintelligent finite choice that resulted in a supreme being cursing all humans he would later create, infinitely.

One would be better worshiping the purple dust bunny hiding in the trunk of their Prius, than to bow and scrape to the poorly contrived fiction that is the Bible god of Christianity. Much less make the irrational choice to live one's personal life as if it's all credible and true.

Check out EvilBible.com or The Dark Bible. I think you'll find those sites very helpful in your quest.

By the way, I like your avatar. Smile Cute.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
The whole idea of original sin is just plain stupid. So God placed a tree in the middle of the Garden of Eden, knowing full well that Adam & Eve would eat from it, and then punishes us all because they did. So supposedly the only way to remove this evil curse from our souls is to get some water sprinkled on us and say that we accept Jesus. This is pretty stupid because if God wanted to, he could just simply remove the curse he himself put on us, but instead he has this whole complicated scheme where you have to symbolically commit cannibalism by eating bits of Jesus every week. And if you don't, then he casts you into a lake of fire for eternity.

The unfair part is that if the first two humans disobeyed God, then why am I on the hook for it? If the story were true, then that event happened thousands of years before I was ever born, so I shouldn't be saddled with the curse of original sin which I have to get rid of in order to avoid being cast into the lake of fire. And what's also unfair is that people born in places where Christianity has never been practiced or born into a family which doesn't practice Christianity are also doomed to hell because of that original sin which they never got rid of.

But basically, I reject the whole idea of original sin because I reject the Genesis stories of creation as nothing but ancient superstitions written by primitive, superstitious men.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Not for nothing but....

Quote:The doctrine of original sin was first developed in 2nd-century Bishop of Lyon Irenaeus's struggle against Gnosticism.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_si...e_doctrine

How come the godboy was worm meat for 150 years before Irenaeus....um, I mean 'god'... invented this holy horseshit story? Shouldn't a 'god' have already known what the plan was without having to wait for some Gallic asshole to spell it out for him?

Just asking.
The worst thing to come out of the original sin is the Catholic idea that unbapstized go to hell. Is God such a malevolent prick and so pissed about Adam that he sends babies who are unable to form intelligent thought to hell? The Catholic answer to that is yes.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The "catholic" answer seems to be "fuck 'em." And they mean that literally.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sin and death LinuxGal 35 2247 December 11, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  the nature of sin Drich 137 18328 August 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3074 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Sin and the Blame Game LadyForCamus 115 29950 June 20, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 58087 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5536 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2765 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  hate the sin, love the sinner mcolafson 101 14159 September 5, 2016 at 11:19 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Sin & Forgiveness miaharun 119 15184 November 16, 2015 at 4:04 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The illusion of justice, sin and free will dyresand 17 4290 October 15, 2015 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho