Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof that dogma is evil
Proof that dogma is evil
The BBC Wrote:A Brazilian archbishop says all those who helped a child rape victim secure an abortion are to be excommunicated from the Catholic Church.

I know people have different views on abortion (I don't think anyone is fond of it, despite the pro lifers claims). In this case though;

The girl was 9
The girl was an abuse victim
She was carrying twins

Her life has been destroyed enough and now the Catholic church are putting her and her family through this. It scares me people will commit such evil acts in the name of religious dogma..

Grrr.
Happiness is all that's important. What makes me happiest is making my loved ones happy.
RE: Proof that dogma is evil
No God worth worshipping could even consider the abortion of a pregnant 9 year old a "sin". If it did, all it has done has created beings that exceed it morally.
(March 5, 2009 at 6:25 pm)moodydaniel Wrote:
The BBC Wrote:A Brazilian archbishop says all those who helped a child rape victim secure an abortion are to be excommunicated from the Catholic Church.

I know people have different views on abortion (I don't think anyone is fond of it, despite the pro lifers claims). In this case though;

The girl was 9
The girl was an abuse victim
She was carrying twins

Her life has been destroyed enough and now the Catholic church are putting her and her family through this. It scares me people will commit such evil acts in the name of religious dogma..

Grrr.

Is her age central to what you are postulating
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure it's dangerous for a girl that age to bear one child let alone two. Emotionally, her step dad's stolen a huge amount of her childhood; should a 9 year old be expected to loose out on the rest by being a mum to twins?

Her age is hugely important to this; she's a child not an adult. Religious condemnation and social ostacisation for a rape victim who aborts is not something I would deem acceptable for an adult, let alone some one who is still be playing with dolls.
Happiness is all that's important. What makes me happiest is making my loved ones happy.
(March 5, 2009 at 8:33 pm)bozo Wrote: Is her age central to what you are postulating

Well it certainly had a lot to do with why she could get the abortion. The courts can approve an abortion, which is illegal in Brazil, if it affects the health of the mother. She is too young to carry twins, her uterus could not support them. That was the central reason she was permitted the abortion, not because of the rape. At least that's what I understood from how I read the article.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I read that a few days ago and I am seriously disgusted. All the catholic church is saying that the lives of the twin babies are more important then the life of the mother. It's so sick.
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
(March 7, 2009 at 7:18 pm)Rockthatpiano06 Wrote: I read that a few days ago and I am seriously disgusted. All the catholic church is saying that the lives of the twin babies are more important then the life of the mother. It's so sick.

Yup, typical.

I was raised Catholic,I'm the eldest of four. My mother always said that thunder no circumstances would she have a baby in a Catholic hospital. If there are complications they will save the child first,not the mother.Mum wasn't having THAT!
Yup, awful.
Not right at all....unbelievable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evil God and anti-theodicy FrustratedFool 32 2353 August 21, 2023 at 9:28 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Do people make evil? Interaktive 7 711 August 8, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Atheism, Gnosticism & the Problem of Evil Seax 86 5864 April 7, 2021 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  [Serious] Good vs Evil Losty 84 10266 March 8, 2021 at 4:33 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Bishop setting up group to fight off 'evil forces' and recite prayers of exorcism Marozz 14 2567 October 11, 2018 at 5:19 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2005 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Why some humans are so evil: double standards and irreligion WinterHold 124 20353 January 28, 2018 at 5:38 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why the Texas shooting is not evil, based on the bible Face2face 56 15563 November 16, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  The forces of good and evil are related Foxaèr 11 3561 October 2, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  The Problem of Evil combined with the problem of Free Will Aroura 163 45713 June 5, 2017 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Drich