Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How realistic is it really?
How realistic is it really?
OK, so we're all harping on religions here – and most deservedly so, of course! – but what would happen if they really were gone? Would the world, humanity, really be better off without the major religions? Or would that open the sluice gates of the Jim Jones's, David Koresh's, Sun Moons, and a global cottage industry of neighborhood shamans, tea leaf and palm readers, and other fraudsters?
People want to be believe in fairy tales, after all.

The major religions are of course a way of bringing some measure of order into the chaos of human superstition. And it channels the power abuse, corruption and exploitation so that we can conveniently recognize the exploiters: they wear cassocks and other uniforms, and when performing their adjuring rituals they usually dress up as the drag queens they are in their deepest fantasies, in long bling dresses and funny hats.

So would the world really be better off without (the major) religion(s)?
Can that state even exist?
Better the devil you know than the devil you don't?

[Image: Carnaval2011-1.jpg]
RE: How realistic is it really?
It would be worth a try.

For one thing, if you get rid of the major players you can end the tax exemptions that these phony preachers get which would remove the profit margin. Do that and you'd be surprised how many would get out of the business.

They'd go into something like banking that the republicolibertarianazis don't want to tax, either.
(July 22, 2011 at 1:49 am)Minimalist Wrote: They'd go into something like banking

That's a given. They've been closely associated since the money changers on the steps of the temple! Now, maybe if JC had nuked them or roasted them with a flamethrower we might not have had to contend with the Goldman Sachs, Lehman, etc. debacles and the subsequent global economic slump...
But, noooo, He had to pussyfoot it!
And now look at the galactic mess and misery we got stuck with!

I say JC fucked up bigtime there! Add to that that He was the original motherfucker (He impregnated – it was actually plain rape and raw power abuse of course – poor Maria in His incarnation of God; He's a Trinity, is He not?), and so sired Himself, and demands we follow His example, the logical conclusion is inescapable: we've obviously got an elephantine case of amoral and depraved schizophrenia, delusion of grandeur, and the mother of double standards here.
Fantasizing is alright, it's even good for the mind to indulge in it every once in a while. But the day when one fails to recognize the borders between the real world and fantasy, that's the day everything get's fucked up.

So, my opinion would be, yes, if people could let go of the shackles of their fantasies and actually live in the real world, it would be awesome, but it's not gonna happen. Delusion will always be more real to some, it would seem.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Quote:Goldman Sachs, Lehman

All Jews.
(July 22, 2011 at 2:35 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Goldman Sachs, Lehman

All Jews.

Well... all Ashkenazi who donned the mantle of Judaism, yes!
But ethnically, genetically, not Jews!
That's as far as I'll go.
How many Jim Jones has Sweden had in the last few decades?

"Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude." - Arthur Schopenhauer
(July 22, 2011 at 5:01 am)CharlieMilles Wrote: How many Jim Jones has Sweden had in the last few decades?

Are you asking or suggesting?
(July 22, 2011 at 7:04 am)Rokcet Scientist Wrote:
(July 22, 2011 at 5:01 am)CharlieMilles Wrote: How many Jim Jones has Sweden had in the last few decades?

Are you asking or suggesting?
Suggesting that Sweden is doing pretty well with religion on the decline.

"Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude." - Arthur Schopenhauer
If religion and superstition were replaced with a rational scientific mindset. Humanity would make so much progress so quickly with huge improvements to so many areas. For example; eight out of the 10 nations with the highest Human Development Index are extremely secular. While all of the bottom ten (which are African nations) are extremely religious.
undefined