Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a strange thing to say.
What a strange thing to say.
"No farmer, no scientist and no philosopher can clearly explain how a dead, dormant seed can produce life when it is buried in the soil."

This garbage page came up when I was googling seeds. I'm afraid to read any of the other articles. The whole narrative is ridiculous.
http://www.sermonnotebook.org/mark/Mark%..._26-29.htm
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: What a strange thing to say.
So? What you've demonstrated is that idiots can give sermons. In fact, its probably a prerequisite.
Quote:"No farmer, no scientist and no philosopher can clearly explain how a dead, dormant seed can produce life when it is buried in the soil."

If by "clearly explain" they meand "clearly explain to a drooling idiot", they may be right.

This stuff has been known for a very long time, and these idiots haven't figured that out yet?

That's what floored me, not the message. If reality were so it would be a good parable. It's that this guy apparently doesn't understand germination....even though he has internet access, and as an american some level of mandatory education.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Article Wrote:Some time ago, archeologists dug into a pyramid tomb in Egypt. In that tomb they found several jars of seeds. These seeds had been buried with the deceased person 3,000 years earlier. Those scientists took the seeds they found and planted them in good soil. They watered the soil and waited patiently. After a time, those ancient seeds germinated and tiny plants pushed their way through the surface of the soil. Those tender plants matured and produced fruit.

Isn’t that amazing? When that seed found its way into the right soil, a secret work took place and life came out of death.
First of all .... no, that's not amazing. It's just a cool fact of nature. It's not magic, stupid.

And secondly ... Desecration of Egyptians graves is nothing to concern yourself with (after all, Yahweh didn't love them anyway), but a dead US soldier comes back for a proper burial and all hell gets raised.

Yeah, I've said it before...

Jesus tastes like stupid.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Quote:and as an american some level of mandatory education.

Er....that can be shockingly low, though.
Ah yes, parables. And yet a dead Jew can be explained being brought back to life, walk around, talk, make empty promises and then lift off promising to return before that generation that witnesses it all passes away and never be thought to have lied because he's just a couple thousand years tardy.

But of course, dormant seed's are inexplicable.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
The Christian mantra seems to be, "Why learn the actual mechanisms behind something when you can just say how magical God is?"
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 28, 2011 at 1:02 am)FaithNoMore Wrote: The Christian mantra seems to be, "Why learn the actual mechanisms behind something when you can just say how magical God is?"

They've always been like that. They might as well say "Why bother with knowledge and understanding when you can say goddidit?".

They have very much admitted wilful ignorance. If everyone had such a backward mind, we'd still be in the fucking dark ages.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(July 27, 2011 at 8:38 pm)Cinjin Wrote: First of all .... no, that's not amazing. It's just a cool fact of nature. It's not magic, stupid.

I have one tiny, semantic, quibble with this; I think it is amazing, but then nature often is.
Reality is far more amazing and awe inspiring than made-up, reality-avoiding stories.
[Image: BlogSig.png][Image: sigimage.php?un=DaveD&t=182116&c1=7f5217...&c4=7f5217]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things atheists say: Goatherders Data 45 1698 September 18, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5217 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2250 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Three in five British adults say miracles are possible zebo-the-fat 15 1964 September 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 5544 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20083 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  I found a pastor who has a strange fixation on flaming buttholes and asbestos diapers TaraJo 12 3194 April 30, 2016 at 11:36 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  What the Bible Does NOT Say About Premarital Sex Rhondazvous 30 6366 January 25, 2016 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  So is crucifiction a bad or a good thing? Longhorn 75 21986 December 17, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Say it ain't so, Fappy Whateverist 16 3651 November 15, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Whateverist