Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems And Intro!
Problems And Intro!
So I'm new here and I'm seeking some help. Well long story my moms a religious person shes a catholic i am too but I dont really believe in god. I believe everything is mumbo jumbo. Im 15 and im the middle child i dont much attention and everything i have i consider as ive gotten on my own. As of rihgt now im opening an online ipod repair busines and store selling refurb ipod touches. And on a drive home with my mom the topic religion came up she said you dont believe in god and i said what god? and she strated saying im cold hearted and stuff. I said just because i dont believe in god doesnt make me cold hearted. and yeah shes a like those moms were they never can take advice from their children. so she starts saying when i die your not gonna care etc and i didnt say anything so i just need her to understand not believing in god isnt having any feelings so yeah what can i do?
RE: Problems And Intro!
That felt like a huge run-on, even with the periods. Might want to work on organization of thoughts a little... Cookie

Welcome, hi. Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(July 28, 2011 at 5:25 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: That felt like a huge run-on, even with the periods. Might want to work on organization of thoughts a little... Cookie

Welcome, hi. Smile

haha i know i didnt even know how i typed that i didnt reread it lol.
Hello there.

Quote:so she starts saying when i die your not gonna care

She's got a point, though. I already don't care.

Big Grin

Expect the emotional blackmail to continue. Anyone who is still a catholic after all the scandals which have come out is not likely to give it up now. It will probably get easier for you to blow it off though once you get used to it.

Good luck.
G'day Cheese (great name,I love cheese of all kinds)

I'm also a recovering Catholic, as is Min and many others here.

My parents did the you-live-under- my- roof- you- obey- my-rules thing. I complied, left home at 18,and went to work and live in another state.Sadly, the relationship with my parents took about 20 years to kind-of recover.

Your mother will never change nor do you have any right to expect that she should. You cannot control her beliefs or her behaviour. You can only accept or reject them.If you are unable to accept your mother as she is, the only rational and sane solution is to comply in the short time. Do NOT argue with her. and leave as soon as you can.

Shooting her in the head may seem like a good idea at the time,but will complicate your life enormously. (the Catholic guilt alone would be most distressing)Thinking
What, there isn't an SOP for matricide? How many beads would one have to click off, can't be too rough.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hey Cheese, welcome!

The majority here would say that any religion sucks ass and is for the dilusional. So who do you prefer to listen to, us or your mom? The best part is that you are allowed to make up your own mind. It's actually preferable that way..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro DocIllinois 14 1206 August 6, 2021 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belated intro Dom 20 1746 September 29, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Intro Reltzik 21 1008 September 26, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Intro Bow Before Zeus 15 1893 November 14, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  intro JamieBra 28 5169 September 23, 2017 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  MY INTRO rjh4 is back 7 1317 August 13, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Intro Court Jester 25 5002 June 24, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: KerimF
Bug I guess I should intro Monkeybuttorama 21 3902 May 26, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Caligvla XXI
  intro Otisknows 17 2456 February 6, 2017 at 12:02 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Slightly Generic and Dramatic Intro Thread Redoubtable 16 3380 February 5, 2017 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Otisknows