Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Shits and Giggles (But I'm actually doing this)
For Shits and Giggles (But I'm actually doing this)
On the Effect of Religious Imagery in the Growth of Indeterminate Tomatoes
D. Tyler, Honeystone Farms LLC, 2011

The purpose of this experiment is to determine the effect of religious imagery on the growth of Lycopersicon esculentum.

-The working space for this experiment will be the Honeystone Farms "Concept Garden" Patch, USDA Ag Zone 6, soil type common to the Bluegrass region of Kentucky.
-Assorted pesticides, fungicides, and fertilizers will be on hand and leveraged to bring the experiment to completion
-6ft tomato stakes and jute braid twine will be used to form a "florida staking" trellis.
-A wide range of weather related instrumentation will be employed on site, in addition to regional weather monitoring by the N.W.S.
-Various forms and data keeping equipment

Specimens will be planted along a trellis line, two(2) per support stake with various religious imagery impressed upon the ground at the base of the trellis supports. There will be four(4) subsets within Test Group 1.
-SS1A: A Cross
-SS1B: A Star of David
-SS1C: A Crescent Moon
-SS1D: A random compression pattern (to act as an indicator of a false positive).

After the imagery has been pressed into the ground, and the tomatoes transplanted, a covering of topsoil will be loosely thrown over the entirety of the growing bed to conceal the imagery beneath. A second researcher, with no knowledge of the placement of the imagery within the growing bed, or the selection of tomatoes beside each image will be employed in collecting data regarding growth, health, and pressure from pests. Including an accounting of the total yield by subset and as a whole.

All data will be checked against a second group, Test Group 2, which will serve as a control. The methods and inputs used in the production of Test Group 2 will be identical to those used in Test Group 1 with the exception of compression patterns in the form of religious imagery. This group will serve as Control.

The Better Boy Hybrid variety of Lycopersicon esculentum has been chosen due to its vining growth habit, and manageable mature size. The fruits of this variety are also a highly prized agricultural commodity; proof of concept would imply potential for profit that could attract investors willing to provide capital for more exhaustive research into the subject utilizing a more appropriately sized test group.

A full accounting of this experiment, Including photos, raw data, and specific protocol information will be released as a PDF upon completion of the experiment. The experiment will begin 7/29/2011 and conclude no later than 10/10/2011, with results being released to interested parties in the format described above no later than 12/10/2011.

(Will Add Pictures as I get them hosted)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: For Shits and Giggles (But I'm actually doing this)
This sounds as if it is about fucking plants?
lol, yeah, I'm planting my last run of tomatoes for late fall harvest and I figured I could get some value added laughs to go with my marinara.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 29, 2011 at 10:21 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
On the Effect of Religious Imagery in the Growth of Indeterminate Tomatoes
D. Tyler, Honeystone Farms LLC, 2011

The purpose of this experiment is to determine the effect of religious imagery on the growth of Lycopersicon esculentum.

-The working space for this experiment will be the Honeystone Farms "Concept Garden" Patch, USDA Ag Zone 6, soil type common to the Bluegrass region of Kentucky.
-Assorted pesticides, fungicides, and fertilizers will be on hand and leveraged to bring the experiment to completion
-6ft tomato stakes and jute braid twine will be used to form a "florida staking" trellis.
-A wide range of weather related instrumentation will be employed on site, in addition to regional weather monitoring by the N.W.S.
-Various forms and data keeping equipment

Specimens will be planted along a trellis line, two(2) per support stake with various religious imagery impressed upon the ground at the base of the trellis supports. There will be four(4) subsets within Test Group 1.
-SS1A: A Cross
-SS1B: A Star of David
-SS1C: A Crescent Moon
-SS1D: A random compression pattern (to act as an indicator of a false positive).

After the imagery has been pressed into the ground, and the tomatoes transplanted, a covering of topsoil will be loosely thrown over the entirety of the growing bed to conceal the imagery beneath. A second researcher, with no knowledge of the placement of the imagery within the growing bed, or the selection of tomatoes beside each image will be employed in collecting data regarding growth, health, and pressure from pests. Including an accounting of the total yield by subset and as a whole.

All data will be checked against a second group, Test Group 2, which will serve as a control. The methods and inputs used in the production of Test Group 2 will be identical to those used in Test Group 1 with the exception of compression patterns in the form of religious imagery. This group will serve as Control.

The Better Boy Hybrid variety of Lycopersicon esculentum has been chosen due to its vining growth habit, and manageable mature size. The fruits of this variety are also a highly prized agricultural commodity; proof of concept would imply potential for profit that could attract investors willing to provide capital for more exhaustive research into the subject utilizing a more appropriately sized test group.

A full accounting of this experiment, Including photos, raw data, and specific protocol information will be released as a PDF upon completion of the experiment. The experiment will begin 7/29/2011 and conclude no later than 10/10/2011, with results being released to interested parties in the format described above no later than 12/10/2011.

(Will Add Pictures as I get them hosted)

Love it Big Grin

I take it you won't be using pesticides on any of the test groups? Comparing No pesticides + religious imagery, no pesticides no imagery and pesticides no imagery will be too much work, but it would definitely be a good way to plug modern technology.
Are you bored? Big Grin I will actually be interested, though probably not surprised, to see how this turns out. I'm sorry, but I hope the imagery kills your tomatoes. That will make an interesting article.
I will help you get this on topic.

[Image: 7701765v4_480x480_Front_Color-White_padT...e-true.jpg]
Tomatoes are, all of them, sacred. For they are used in the blessed non-sacriligeious pizza.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Please Rhythm, keep us updated! I really want to hear how this one turns out Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Looks like you have too much time on your hands.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Nothing if not time friend. I have encountered a snag, and may have to scramble to the garden center to buy more tomatoes. Still need to get out there and get pictures. All of the Tomatoes in Test Group 1 appear to be dying. Something is attacking the roots.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not Actually The News. Gawdzilla Sama 10 1471 November 19, 2018 at 1:35 am
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  President Sh*thole ACTUALLY SHOWERS! Brian37 3 456 January 29, 2018 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Trust Trump he knows what he is doing. Brian37 0 254 April 28, 2017 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Surely this has been posted before but this time its for Frankie and Bella. Triggers! Whateverist 12 2567 February 9, 2017 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Kansas, the FSM, and Intelligent Design (long but funny!) drfuzzy 4 1048 October 3, 2015 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Giggles! BrokenQuill92 0 416 February 4, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Heaven Awaits says: Paranoia ACTUALLY COMES FROM DEMONS POSSESSING OTHERS woo Creed of Heresy 8 2618 January 28, 2013 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  If church was more like this, I might actually go TaraJo 2 1081 December 20, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  43 People You Won't Believe Actually Exist Gooders1002 1 1745 December 12, 2012 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Mitt Romney actually comes up with a genius idea Napoléon 15 6383 September 25, 2012 at 12:11 am
Last Post: cratehorus