Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Music: Your favourite album?
Music: Your favourite album?
What is your favourite album?

For me...

This is a really tough from me because it changes from time to time....

SOMETIMES I like The Middle of Nowhere by Orbital best....

Often I like Orbital II the Brown Album or Snivilisation - also by Orbital - best.

I also really regularly like In Sides (Orbital's 4th album) and I'd say that is my favourite album of all time at the moment.

It was also the first album I ever bought that completely and totally blew me away and changed my everyday experience of life.

So I might like one of their other albums best from time to time...but I think at least for now: In Sides I think is the greatest album for me.

I was checking the reviews at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sides-Orbital/dp...489&sr=1-1 and there are 22 reviews for In Sides and 21 of them are 5 star. The remaining review is 4 stars. Its also 72 minutes long but has only 6 tracks - all of which have no lyrics, they're instrumental and are electronic. 2 of the tracks are in two parts each. The longest track is 24 minutes long, the shortest 6:20. Yet the album got to number 5 in the charts back in 1996.

Some of its tracks have been featured in films. 2 of which were in the film a Life Less Ordinary. And the second track: P.E.T.R.O.L was featured in the game Wipeout.

The Album also focuses on environmental issues and the first track: 'The Girl With the Sun in Her Head'...from Wikipedia: "was dedicated to the memory of photographer Sally Harding who died in 1995. The track was recorded using electricity from a Greenpeace solar power generator."

Orbital's 4th album In Sides on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Sides

So what is your favourite music album? If you can decide? I'm not entirely sure myself (it could be one of Orbital's OTHER albums lol) but have a go eh Wink

EvF

P.S: I am on a rant about my favourite album here...and am interesting in what is any of yours...I hope this doesn't classify as advertising lol. And if it does other mod/admins please edit reasonably rather than delete the whole thing Smile lol.
RE: Music: Your favourite album?
IF I can decide....

I'd probably put Appetite for Destruction by Guns n' Roses as my favourite album of all time. That's for the music as much as it was the album that started me on good music. I've played guitar for a while, yet didn't listen to much music. This album started my journey Smile

I probably would pick something by the Mars Volta for it's uniqueness. I prefer Bedlam more than the others with its heavier feel.

I reckon it's pretty hard to come up with a favourite album. I think there's favourite albums for different reasons, and for different moods.

If I can add another question, what's everyone's favourite song?

Mine would be Kickstart my Heart by Motley Crue. It's been in the movie Cars, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, as well as the US Navy Blue Angels as part of their performance when six jets take off.
"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability." Oscar Wilde
My Blog | Why I Don't Believe in God
I agree that the albums depend on the mood....

my favourite album switches between 2 or 3....and sometimes 4 albums.

With the case of tracks....I regularly have a favourite track. And I surely really really love it. But my favourite tracks switch over even quicker.

ATM its The Girl With the Sun in Her Head by Orbital, but for the longest period its been Halcyon + On + On.

Also its been Are We Here? (also by Orbital) And Madness and Me (by Long Range) at times.

EvF
Simple:

[Image: actualites-decembre-2006-pink-floyd-dark...e-moon.jpg]
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Hard to say, it changes depending on my mood. I also tend to listen to MP3 mixes of tracks

Possibly, "The Open Door" (Evanescence), possibly "Once More With Feeling" (Buffy The Vampire Slayer, episode soundtrack), possibly "Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars" (David Bowie), possibly "The Commitments" (film soundtrack), possibly "School's Out" (Alice Cooper), possibly "The Height Of Callousness" (Spineshank), possibly "Three Days Grace" (Three Days Grace) or possibly even "Start Something" (Lostprophets).

Hard to say really ... just depends on my mood.

Kyu
(March 11, 2009 at 5:07 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Simple:

And then of course there's that!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
What is Leo's post? Cover of an album?

Seems vaguely familiar (perhaps) but I have no idea what it is....

Is it the cover for something Pink Floyd or something like that? What is it?

EvF
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
WOW.

Just goes to show.......I couldn't name one Pink Floyd song I think and I've never really listened....

And you didn't give the name of the album or band - u just gave a pic....

That's the only name of a pink floyd album I know......

And yet I guessed correctly. Crazy....

I guess they're pretty unmistakable Tongue

EvF
I'm more amazed you had to ask really. The reason I didn't put the name there is because it is the most recognized album cover in the world.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian
Here is the album cover to In Sides, as an attachment.

EDIT: PS: Leo, I know this is off topic, but just as a side note I'm going to mention something OT because I've been meaning to say it for a while but I've kept forgetting... it was either PM you or tell you just on my own thread on the side like here....

Leo: I bloody love the quote in your sig. Totally awesome. Great choice of quote, I love it.

Just wanted to mention that, I had to at some point, thanks.

EvF

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of music? MR. Macabre 666 62 3434 October 30, 2023 at 3:21 am
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  Boru’s Insanely, Absurdly Easy Music Quiz BrianSoddingBoru4 10 588 November 7, 2020 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do you have a favourite raptor? BrianSoddingBoru4 14 939 July 31, 2020 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Do you have a favourite rodent? BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1763 July 26, 2020 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gnomey
  Why I Hate Music Critics BrianSoddingBoru4 2 727 January 19, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  Christmas Music!! BrianSoddingBoru4 29 2529 December 22, 2019 at 9:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Music Hey guys what type of music do you like? I believe in Harry Potter 35 3140 November 16, 2019 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Alex K
  What's your favourite songs with sax in it? Little lunch 32 2771 June 20, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What's your favourite SUBWAY®? ignoramus 33 6546 April 18, 2018 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Antares
  My favourite comedians smashing SJW journalists. paulpablo 0 539 June 18, 2017 at 5:18 am
Last Post: paulpablo