Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Studies on Islam
Studies on Islam
Does anyone know where I can find any studies relating to Muslims?

I'm interested in knowing what percent of Muslims support Sharia law, suicide bombings, and that kind of thing.

The only studies I've been able to find state that only 1 percent of Muslims are radical, yet those didn't even explain what the criteria for being radical are.

If anyone knows any good studies, please link them in your comments. I've been searching online for about an hour and I only found the one.

Thinking
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
RE: Studies on Islam
You're searching for data that would have to be collected, compiled, and reported upon by a group of people who believe that data is either;
A: From God
B: From Satan

Prepare to be disappointed.

(Imagine the opening line of such a report "The Armies of Satan have been particularly successful in the southern provinces....")
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Hi Aegrus,

Please see below the sites I use for information on Islam and its teachings, any of the information stated on these sites can be compared to any genuine Islamic site which hosts the Qur'an and Sunnah (Ahadiths) for study or analysis.

http://www.jihadwatch.org

http://www.faithfreedom.org

http://www.islam-watch.org/index.php

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

I am unsure whether the above have any information on the statistics of muslims who agree with sharia or suicide attacks etc.

However I'm sure Sam Harris made reference to a poll that was taken in a Islamic country asking whether they agree with suicide attacks and something like 70% of people asked condoned it.

However don't take that particular quote as a fact as I can't find the video that claimed it or its source. I will try and locate it though Smile

Kind Regards,

Citereh

Kind Regards,

Citereh

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction." - Blaise Pascal

"Men are nearly always willing to believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

percent 0%
(August 28, 2011 at 4:29 am)Aegrus Wrote: Does anyone know where I can find any studies relating to Muslims?

I'm interested in knowing what percent of Muslims support Sharia law, suicide bombings, and that kind of thing.

The only studies I've been able to find state that only 1 percent of Muslims are radical, yet those didn't even explain what the criteria for being radical are.

If anyone knows any good studies, please link them in your comments. I've been searching online for about an hour and I only found the one.

Thinking
I can't help you with that.
But taking into consideration that most of the suicide bombings actually target muslims than anyone else, I'm sure that it would be logical to assume that people do not condone suicide bombings.

And yeah, as for Shariah, statistics show that the majority of muslim-majority countries are not ruled by the Shariah.
The criteria for being radical is to take it into the field with an AK-47.
However, the radicalism is generally always of political nature, rather than religious nature.

[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(November 4, 2011 at 1:40 pm)moslim Wrote: percent 0%
Yeah, I mean everybody knows that those guys aren't really muslims.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 4, 2011 at 2:33 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
Well, they probably are muslims. But that doesn't stop them from killing other muslims.
According to Islam, you cannot tell that someone is not a muslim unless that particular muslim renounces Islam.

[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
'only 1 percent'

Phew, only 15million nutters then.
(August 28, 2011 at 4:29 am)Aegrus Wrote: Does anyone know where I can find any studies relating to Muslims?

Thinking
There were some stats published by Sam Harris in the End of Faith, breaking that down..and it is genuinely scary.
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence"...Doug McLeod.
(November 4, 2011 at 2:33 pm)Rhythm Wrote:

These Muslims are wrong

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7845 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5466 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33826 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet