Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van Til's Challenge: Unbelief Exposed
Van Til's Challenge: Unbelief Exposed
[youtube]RPUCTQY3-3c[/youtube]

The short version has the audacity to say that atheists steal intellectual ideas from Christians and builds upon them, and that Christian's allow them to. O.o

[youtube]0-aIsI6EYcA[/youtube]

Thoughts! I've read responses in comments and videos which amuse me, but I'm curious to see what responses you all have to this.

Discuss!
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Van Til's Challenge: Unbelief Exposed
What I find humorous is that the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy doesn't mention God once in it's lengthy article on The Problem of Induction. This guy is simply talking out of his arse. Science uses a mixture of deduction and induction anyway. A large sample of results are obtained, in which the deduction is made that X is happening in all samples. The induction method is that since X is happening over such a broad range of samples, and no sample has yet contradicted it, X must be valid for all possible samples.

No, it isn't perfect. Does it work? Yes. It is the closest method we will ever get to scientific knowledge, other than being omniscient.
What a twat!
Oh sh*t, I just watched the first 4 minutes then realised it was 4 minutes of my life I'll never get back Sad
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
(September 8, 2008 at 1:44 am)Jason Jarred Wrote: Oh sh*t, I just watched the first 4 minutes then realised it was 4 minutes of my life I'll never get back Sad
I feel your pain, but I've watched every single one of Kent Hovind's lectures.
(September 8, 2008 at 1:44 am)Jason Jarred Wrote: Oh sh*t, I just watched the first 4 minutes then realised it was 4 minutes of my life I'll never get back Sad

Sorry! >.>
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a challenge All atheists There is inevitably a Creator. Logic says that suni_muslim 65 14155 November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  What is your favourite positive argument for atheism/unbelief? Lucanus 113 25402 April 22, 2017 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  A challenge for any Atheist who been here for a long time! Mystic 36 4513 January 11, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: comet
  A challenge! Mystic 87 7943 January 10, 2017 at 1:43 am
Last Post: Astonished
  A challenge! Mystic 3 913 January 3, 2017 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  A Challenge to You All: Prove I'm not God FebruaryOfReason 40 6081 February 21, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  On Unbelief III. Deconstructing Arguments From Design Mudhammam 10 3953 December 24, 2014 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  On Unbelief: II. Thinking About Thinking Mudhammam 0 1102 December 14, 2014 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  On Unbelief I. Introduction Mudhammam 7 2820 December 11, 2014 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Please help me with this personal challenge accidental creation 11 3504 April 28, 2014 at 4:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4