Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism is impossible, I don't see how life can be created naturalistically.
Atheism is impossible, I don't see how life can be created naturalistically.
Atheism:''The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.'' Something can't come from nothing. Look at the complexity and design of the vast universe we live in, do you think this all happened by chance?

"Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance."- Sir Isaac Newton

I'm not proselytizing, I'm sharing my opinion. I don't know for sure that a creator exists, but I think it is likely, over 50 percent at least.

RE: Atheism is impossible, I don't see how life can be created naturalistically.
A half billion years of literally oceans of chemical sloshing around, with RNA falling from the skies to make it even easier. Why wouldn't life happen.

On the other paw, if you think God created life perhaps you can explain with we went for a billion years with nothing more than single celled life? And then a few more million years before man appeared? God got too much time on its hands?
RE: Atheism is impossible, I don't see how life can be created naturalistically.
(August 31, 2011 at 9:26 pm)nicholas5000 Wrote: Atheism:''The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.'' Something can't come from nothing. Look at the complexity and design of the vast universe we live in, do you think this all happened by chance?

"Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance."- Sir Isaac Newton

I'm not proselytizing, I'm sharing my opinion. I don't know for sure that a creator exists, but I think it is likely, over 50 percent at least.

Anthropomorphism much?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Argument from Ignorance ftw?
(August 31, 2011 at 9:26 pm)nicholas5000 Wrote: Atheism:''The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.'' Something can't come from nothing. Look at the complexity and design of the vast universe we live in, do you think this all happened by chance?

How about you study the Big Bang, Theory of Evolution before you start asking questions, as gawdzilla said, Argument from Ignorance. If you also want to know the explanation for the formation of solar systems, you should look into the Nebular Hypothesis (Nebular Theory).

All this vast technology and resources and you still don't take the time to study something before you start asking questions, Ignorant.
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
So what?

Just because you don't understand how something is possible that does not mean that it isn't. Or does the Cosmos have to conform to your understanding of it?
Actually, I think that's "argument from incredulity".

"I can't imagine X happening and therefore it didn't."
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Quote:I don't see how life can be created naturalistically

Probably one of a very long list of things you cannot "see."

This is called the Argument from Personal Incredulity.

http://pseudoastro.wordpress.com/2009/12...credulity/

The short version of this is, just because you are too fucking stupid to understand it does not mean it is false.

In your case, keep hanging on to the absurd belief that your 'god' played in the dirt and made you. It's probably all you can handle.
(August 31, 2011 at 9:26 pm)nicholas5000 Wrote: Look at the complexity and design of the vast universe we live in, do you think this all happened by chance?

I like to call it the complex interplay of cause and effect.
(August 31, 2011 at 9:26 pm)nicholas5000 Wrote: Atheism:''The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.''

Atheism: "The audacity not to believe that the gigantic expanse universe was created just for humans."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3111 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, lunwarris 49 3738 January 7, 2023 at 11:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Atheism and the meaning of life - what drives you? UniverseCaptain 344 25384 November 12, 2021 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Can you consider Atheism an ethnicity UniverseCaptain 31 2750 September 27, 2021 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: UniverseCaptain
  Anyone see gods not dead? Thegoodatheist 76 29509 March 13, 2021 at 11:07 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, barji 9 1408 July 10, 2020 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, asthev 14 2100 March 17, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6435 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, auuka 21 3112 October 7, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Atheism and purpose in life. Mystic 34 20657 April 23, 2018 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet