Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Gene
Christian Gene
I don't know if any of you have seen this video, but I just came across it and thought it was amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzbNkyXO...re=feedrec
Cunt
RE: Christian Gene
This needs to be smothered in kudos.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Funny shit.

I wonder how many of them can see themselves?
Fucking hilarious.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
A cure to Christianity? I wish. Tongue
How about the cure to all religions.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Finally, I can accept my father for who he is. It's not his fault.

LOL - good shit!
[Image: Evolution.png]

(September 10, 2011 at 4:14 pm)Ace Otana Wrote: A cure to Christianity? I wish. Tongue

You begin by discovering a treatment for the simplest of infections before you attempt to discover the cure to Necrotizing fasciitis. Be patient, we're getting there.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 10, 2011 at 4:14 pm)Ace Otana Wrote: A cure to Christianity? I wish. Tongue

I've read about a vaccine which could possibly eliminate religious beliefs by interfering with our genetic make-up:

http://www.screedofmomus.net/2011/06/lea...fense.html

"A recently leaked video shows a Department of Defense symposium discussing genetic manipulation through a vaccine designed to suppress the VMAT-2 gene, a so-called 'God gene' that the Pentagon believes leads to to religious fundamentalism. The Pentagon proposes to eliminate religious fundamentalism through its 'Funvax' vaccine, which will be administered surreptitiously to various populations abroad. The implications are staggering: here is a vaccine designed to wipe out religious expression deemed harmful by the Pentagon, and while the initial proposal deals with overseas religious fanatics, one does not have to stretch too hard to imagine the vaccine being used here."

But I don't think it's gonna work. Smile

All these "God gene" findings are oversimplified and it doesn't seem like there is going to be much of an effect on our beliefs by removing these genes. This might be a hoax or something.
I've also heard of a strange and mysterious cure Rayaan. Education.
(September 10, 2011 at 8:37 pm)Rayaan Wrote: All these "God gene" findings are oversimplified and it doesn't seem like there is going to be much of an effect on our beliefs by removing these genes. This might be a hoax or something.

The 'god genes' as they call them, contain nothing more than the code for monoamine transmitters which regulate the levels of neurotransmitters in our brain. These neurotransmitters, such as dopamine, have been linked to our beliefs, such as people with more dopamine are more likely to believe in god.

And as it turns out, these neurotransmitters are the strongest influence you have on whether you believe in god or not. Even stronger than your family environment.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89341 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Christians to die out by diminished gene pool theory (sub-species) TubbyTubby 20 3416 August 20, 2015 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7437 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6343 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej