Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have been wondering
I have been wondering
Does anybody know any skeptics/humanists/atheists singing children's, if not I wish there were. Richard Dawkins writing children's books such The Magic of Reality is pretty neat. However having someone like YEC'er Buddy Davis who composes children's songs like these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUraR6rRwBM
undefined
RE: I have been wondering
Yet another reason to hate country and western music.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Haha, I actually think that song is badass. I might do a cover.

On topic, not that I'm aware of. I'm a guitarist - maybe this is a career move for me? Leave it with me.
Wow how about we don't indoctrinate children with anything, both creationism and atheism
It wouldn't be indoctrination. It would be an entertaining delivery of the evidence for evolution, for example.
(September 20, 2011 at 4:29 pm)ElDinero Wrote: It wouldn't be indoctrination. It would be an entertaining delivery of the evidence for evolution, for example.

I'm sure the creationist feels the same way about that video and evidence for creationism.

If anyone is educated enough, they get to learn Darwinism school. We don't need these ridiculous and laughable indoctrinations.

LOL @ some children's video teaching kids about natural selection.

"Here, we see homo erectus consume the meat of it's prey so that it's brain will grow bigger" LOL (was it H/E? I'm a little rusty on my anthropology)

(ok, I was just too lazy to grab my textbook)
(September 20, 2011 at 4:29 pm)ElDinero Wrote: It wouldn't be indoctrination. It would be an entertaining delivery of the evidence for evolution, for example.

Agreed,

Evolution is good science and therefore is true like gravity or relativity (which nobody seems to criticise). Young Earth Creationism is bad science and therefore false. Also it is immoral to teach children something which is obviously lie as a truth.

(September 20, 2011 at 4:51 pm)TheouLive Wrote:

I'm sure the creationist feels the same way about that video and evidence for creationism.

If anyone is educated enough, they get to learn Darwinism school. We don't need these ridiculous and laughable indoctrinations.

LOL @ some children's video teaching kids about natural selection.

"Here, we see homo erectus consume the meat of it's prey so that it's brain will grow bigger" LOL (was it H/E? I'm a little rusty on my anthropology)

(ok, I was just too lazy to grab my textbook)

What is your problem with evolution may I ask, I thought you were just a spiritualist and not affiliated with any particular religion?
undefined
Billions of dead things all over the earth?

Lulz
[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon
The song is of course fallacious. If a year long flood happened, the chorus should run:

Billions of dead things
All in one rock layer
Laid down by water
All over the Earth

Also, I've had this song in my head all morning. It works....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long has Humanity been on Planet Earth? MFrancis 19 792 March 13, 2024 at 6:16 am
Last Post: GUBU
Lightbulb Computers have been converted to Islam religion! AVMXF 40 2702 August 20, 2023 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  A challenge for any Atheist who been here for a long time! Mystic 36 4822 January 11, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: comet
  Been here a while-Ponderings vodkafan 21 6085 August 15, 2015 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Case closed on making cases against the case for stuff, in case you were wondering. Whateverist 27 5656 December 11, 2014 at 8:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  you ever been harassed for being an atheist? atheist04330 82 12636 July 17, 2014 at 6:10 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Unsure whether my time at AF and TTA has been positive or negative. Rampant.A.I. 28 4120 July 9, 2014 at 4:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Thank you all. I have lost so much. I have gained much more. Mr. Moncrieff 30 7107 March 6, 2014 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Easily The Stupidest Thing I've Ever Been Told By A Fellow Atheist BrianSoddingBoru4 6 3470 February 11, 2014 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Never been to social atheist events. What to expect? TaraJo 6 3294 July 4, 2013 at 5:18 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut