Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
you ever been harassed for being an atheist?
i am... i made a reply video to a guy and he went nuts about me in a video now i keep having to reply back because of the stuff he says about me.
RE: you ever been harassed for being an atheist?
No, never. But then I'm English and it's pretty much the norm where I live.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(July 12, 2014 at 6:37 pm)atheist04330 Wrote: you ever been harassed for being an atheist?
i am... i made a reply video to a guy and he went nuts about me in a video now i keep having to reply back because of the stuff he says about me.

Yes but rarely. I usually don't talk about my atheism and me and my friends rarely care about god. I wouldn't say I ever was harassed, but more likely criticized, recently a girlfriend of a male friend of mine questioned me about why would I be an atheist... I don't go out with 'I am atheist' T shirt so there's no reason for people to harass me.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

well the last message i got was saying i have no morals because i don't believe in god..
and that because i am 30 and my Girlfriend is 19 that makes me "Like a pedo"
the exact quote was:

"your a nasty 30 year old man dating some commie 19 year old asian... Woody allen much? You can diggle little commies because you're a godless atheist fool... you're like a pedo"
(July 12, 2014 at 6:58 pm)atheist04330 Wrote: well the last message i got was saying i have no morals because i don't believe in god..
and that because i am 30 and my Girlfriend is 19 that makes me "Like a pedo"
the exact quote was:

"your a nasty 30 year old man dating some commie 19 year old asian... Woody allen much? You can diggle littel commies because you're a godless atheist fool"

If were you live being 19 is adult then it's ok, she must have reasons to like you... I have a nice reply for that problem - If the only reason you don't commit crimes is because of god, you're the one having a problem.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Sort of. Not so much for being an atheist, but I've been harassed by Catholics for not being a practicing Catholic, and by Protestants for being perceived to be a Catholic.

Prime example: I had to buy a home in Belfast through a proxy, since my real-life name sounds very Irish, and therefore very Catholic. The estate agents had been instructed to NOT sell to Catholics. This is the sort of religious discrimination that is expressly illegal, but goes on with a wink and a nod, just the same.

Other examples: I've had windows broken, a motorcycle vandalized, denied employment, that sort of thing.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 12, 2014 at 7:01 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Sort of. Not so much for being an atheist, but I've been harassed by Catholics for not being a practicing Catholic, and by Protestants for being perceived to be a Catholic.

Prime example: I had to buy a home in Belfast through a proxy, since my real-life name sounds very Irish, and therefore very Catholic. The estate agents had been instructed to NOT sell to Catholics. This is the sort of religious discrimination that is expressly illegal, but goes on with a wink and a nod, just the same.

Other examples: I've had windows broken, a motorcycle vandalized, denied employment, that sort of thing.

Boru

Typical religious people, everyone who thinks differently sucks

Quote:Typical religious people, everyone who thinks differently sucks

I don't mind people thinking I suck because I think differently than they do. I'm just glad I live in a place (now) were you don't risk being killed - for religious reasons - for walking on the wrong street.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 12, 2014 at 7:07 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:Typical religious people, everyone who thinks differently sucks

I don't mind people thinking I suck because I think differently than they do. I'm just glad I live in a place (now) were you don't risk being killed - for religious reasons - for walking on the wrong street.

Boru
But they take it to acts, that's when it becomes a problem

(July 12, 2014 at 7:08 pm)Blackout Wrote:
(July 12, 2014 at 7:07 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I don't mind people thinking I suck because I think differently than they do. I'm just glad I live in a place (now) were you don't risk being killed - for religious reasons - for walking on the wrong street.

Boru
But they take it to acts, that's when it becomes a problem

No argument.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long has Humanity been on Planet Earth? MFrancis 19 791 March 13, 2024 at 6:16 am
Last Post: GUBU
Lightbulb Computers have been converted to Islam religion! AVMXF 40 2702 August 20, 2023 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35431 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Is being an atheist important to you? EgoDeath 63 6833 February 27, 2019 at 7:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What is your reason for being an atheist? dimitrios10 43 8696 June 6, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  The only human being to have won 2 unshared Nobel Prizes was an atheist. Jehanne 29 6641 March 14, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  I was almost caught being an atheist Der/die AtheistIn 31 7907 December 13, 2017 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Would you as an atheist EVER do this? Alexmahone 41 6529 December 6, 2017 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Being An Atheist Doesn't Make You A Good Person mlmooney89 38 7048 September 7, 2017 at 10:29 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The Nice Thing About Being An Atheist JackRussell 83 27723 July 21, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: KevinM1