Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Putting This in Politics Because It Seems to be True
I'm Putting This in Politics Because It Seems to be True
Quote:Poll: Voters Willing to Replace Obama with Someone Blatantly Brain-damaged
Historic Shift in Voter Sentiment

MINNEAPOLIS (The Borowitz Report) – Frustration with President Barack Obama has grown to the point where some voters are now considering replacing him with people who appear to be blatantly brain-damaged, according to a new poll released today.

The poll, conducted by the University of Minnesota’s Opinion Research Institute, shows a significant number of Republican voters strongly agreeing with the statement, “Things have gotten so bad in this country, maybe it’s time to give someone who does not appear to be playing with a full deck a chance to fix things.”

The results of the poll are “unprecedented,” according to the University of Minnesota’s Davis Logsdon, who supervised the survey: “For the first time in our polling, voters seem to be willing to hand over the Presidency to people they would not normally trust to run a Radio Shack.”

The three biggest beneficiaries of the poll were Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn), Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX), and Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), with Mr. Paul getting especially high marks for his statement that a dime was worth three dollars.

Gov. Perry said he was encouraged by the poll results, but added, “Nothing can really cheer me up on a day when one of my executions has been delayed.”

Meanwhile, Rep. Bachmann addressed a Tea Party rally, bemoaning the expiration of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell: “I for one can tell you that Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell has been the key to many successful marriages.” Don't

http://www.borowitzreport.com
RE: I'm Putting This in Politics Because It Seems to be True

People in this country are desperate to get back the America they remember - even if it was only an illusion. I don't think there is any getting back - so we trudge further into the dark heart of propaganda and pissing matches. Washington looks more like a 6th Grade playground, complete with cliques, rumor mills and the popular kids holding all the dodge balls.
[Image: Evolution.png]

I love how much Republicans rely on the easy scapegoat that is the P.U.S.A. If they really think it is bad because of Obama, they haven't been paying attention. Obama was handed a steaming turd and told to make it a diamond. Of course, he promised at least apple pie and failed, but who didn't know that was going to happen? A turd is a turd.

Off-topic: Cinjin, every time I post, I admire my sig. Thank you very much for it. It suits me very well.
Apparently the Borrowitz Report is a parody news site, so I've moved this to Humour.
(September 21, 2011 at 12:00 am)Cinjin Wrote: People in this country are desperate to get back the America they remember - even if it was only an illusion. I don't think there is any getting back - so we trudge further into the dark heart of propaganda and pissing matches. Washington looks more like a 6th Grade playground, complete with cliques, rumor mills and the popular kids holding all the dodge balls.

Don't feel bad Cinj... Australia isn't faring much better!! Pretty soon we will be voting "Drop-Bears" in as MPs
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
At least the USA makes me feel good about the MP's we elect in the UK. Even Boris Johnson is better than Rick Perry, easily.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post here if you've died because of the pandemic. Gawdzilla Sama 104 4505 April 5, 2020 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  God is listening because he cares! ignoramus 4 730 October 29, 2019 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Cod
  My cab driver...... True story today.... Brian37 4 374 February 22, 2019 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Less Politics, More This (Again) BrianSoddingBoru4 2 265 July 28, 2018 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  True story, but guess what I was thinking... Brian37 7 916 December 4, 2017 at 3:17 pm
  The True Tale of How Jesus Christ Got His Name Edwardo Piet 9 1206 October 15, 2017 at 5:08 pm
  True story about local PBS programming. Brian37 1 501 January 18, 2017 at 11:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I Wish This Wasn't So True Minimalist 0 466 September 7, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Missed it by that much..... True story.... Brian37 13 1803 May 4, 2016 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Feminists loves Islam/No true scotsman Ronsy21 1 863 February 22, 2016 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Living in Death