Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Thing
The Thing
http://www.thethingmovie.net/

I'm sorry. I know it's a remake and they usually suck, but I just can't help but be excited. I loved the move The Thing when I was a kid and I just can't wait for it to come to theaters.

So excited.

The Thing

Got a favorite scary movie?
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: The Thing
Definitely Alien.

As for The Thing, I won't see the remake until I see the original, because I am told it is quite the cult classic. Plus, I like John Carpenter's movies so I won't spoil one of his by seeing what will most likely be a bad remake first.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The Thing was/is fantastic, certainly a cult film. I saw it when it first came out on VHS and scared the sh*t out of my 14 year old girlfriend. With the SFX of today it should be awesome! Fingers crossed
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Hopefully it turns out good.

My favourite scary movie has to be Candyman. I was scared to look into a mirror for nigh on a month because of that film.
I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see.
Jimi Hendrix

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
Kurt Cobain
My favorite movie since age 4 is Fright Night... and yeah, I'm pissed. I try not to acknowledge the remake's existence.

My favourite movie is The Shawshank Redemption. It's basically the perfect movie.
(September 22, 2011 at 6:32 am)Tiberius Wrote: My favourite movie is The Shawshank Redemption. It's basically the perfect movie.

Not a scary movie at all, but none the less, you are right - one hell of a good movie. I've probably seen it 5 or 6 times.

It was originally a short story by Steven King. Which, incidentally, so was his movie, 1408.

Hmm... not so sure about this...
Anyway... My favourite scary film is obviously George A Romero's Dawn of the Dead (1978)...
Cunt
(September 22, 2011 at 3:45 pm)frankiej Wrote: Hmm... not so sure about this...
Anyway... My favourite scary film is obviously George A Romero's Dawn of the Dead (1978)...

Zombie movies are inherently awesome!

Those who say otherwise .... are clearly wrong. Tongue

(September 22, 2011 at 4:14 pm)Cinjin Wrote: Zombie movies are inherently awesome!

Those who say otherwise .... are clearly wrong. Tongue

My collection of 58 zombie films agrees with that.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big squarish dick-thing in Dune? Gawdzilla Sama 26 1531 January 10, 2024 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I did a thing. Sal 22 1223 May 6, 2021 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Sal
  I've Done Every Thing For You........ Brian37 15 1354 July 6, 2019 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  The most boring and worthless thing you ever did. Something completely different 7 3442 June 25, 2013 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: festive1
  Music - another thing I've missed... Mystic 33 7236 April 5, 2013 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Kayenneh