Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idiocy via USPS
Idiocy via USPS
So -

I got this hand written letter addressed to me by name in the mail today in a plain envelope. I will type it exactly as it is written:

Hello! I am writing to you today to offer an encouraging word form the Bible.

While many of us suffer from the injustices of life such as war, crime, sickness and death, the Bible gives us a hope for the future. Revelation 21:4 states "God will wipe every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning, nor outcry, nor pain be anymore."

I am enclosing a publication that deals with suffering and chronic illness and how we can practically cope until the above promise is fulfilled, as well as other topics of interest.

If you would like to receive future publications or would welcome a visit, please contact the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses at 616-363-9735.

Sincerely,

Anne N.

I shit you not ... hand written on personal stationary with an Awake! publication entitled "Chronic Illness, Coping as a Family".
It was mostly filled with god's "unknowable master plan".
It's easy enough to get my name and address I suppose, but seriously - it was kind of creepy.
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Idiocy via USPS
That is kind of creepy.

Maybe your street got assigned to a JW who isn't physically able to cover their assigned area and decided that proselytizing via USPS was the next best thing.
Religion is not the answer-it is the problem. Everything considered, we would be better off without it.~Baubles of Blasphemy~Edwin F. Kagin

"Much better to have the ability to think critically, than the ability to quote scripture. One says you have a functioning mind. The other says you're a parrot." -- The Secular Buddhist
They knocked on my door today. I was super annoyed.

(September 23, 2011 at 2:01 am)Cinjin Wrote: I shit you not ... hand written on personal stationary with an Awake! publication entitled "Chronic Illness, Coping as a Family".
It was mostly filled with god's "unknowable master plan".
It's easy enough to get my name and address I suppose, but seriously - it was kind of creepy.
You could always handwrite a response back to this "Anne" saying:

While many of us suffer from the injustices of life such as war, crime, sickness and death, the Bible takes any hope left away for the future. Revelation 21:8 states "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Simply stating how unjust and morally depraved god is for punishing man infinitely for finite crimes, while showing how rude, disrespectful and intrusive JW are for knocking on people's doors on Christmas Day morning.
It's odd, but JWs are an odd bunch. They harass my poor mother, who doesn't have the heart to be rude. I have tossed them -- figuratively -- off her porch a few times, but they keep coming back.
My two best friends growing up were JW. I have every watchtower from the last 3 decades in storage lol. They don't get odd until they get older (or when they're at the kingdom hall).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Contact the postal inspectors and tell them you received a terrorist threat in the mail?
Remind them that this threat comes from religious fundamentalists.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I translate the letter this way:

"Sure, you're life might be shit right now, but don't worry, cause god's going to make it all good. You just have to wait to die."

"Meanwhile, our church is eventually going to ask you for money. Remember, god's all powerful but he's always broke. Give."
[Image: Evolution.png]

Yeah I eventually wised up to god concepts that are all-powerful universe-creating beings yet for some incomprehensible reason need man's money or worship.

If there is a god or such "higher being" H. P. Lovecraft most probably said it right in his literary philosophy regarding "Cosmic indifference" that we're in a meaningless, mechanical, and uncaring universe, ever susceptible to extinction, where these vast beings/cosmic forces have as little regard for humanity as humans have for insects. How delightfully nihilistic! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invitation for Atheists to Debate a Christian via Skype LetsDebateThings 121 12673 June 19, 2019 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  more xtian idiocy in the news drfuzzy 11 3514 November 4, 2015 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Heard about this snake idiocy before abaris 28 6649 July 30, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  The Anti-Christ announcing himself via pop music! TaraJo 3 2705 December 31, 2012 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: TaraJo