Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
came on here to ask
came on here to ask

ONLY reason i signed up was to find out if that was an athiest view ^ and get feedback lol. random thought, so here, added to faves ill check back Thinking
the bull referering to a lot of things
RE: came on here to ask
Is was what an atheist view?

Sorry I really can't be arsed reading all that. Would you mind summarising in a few sentences?

Besides, imo there''s no such thing as "an atheist view" of anything.The ONLY thing have in common is a lack of belief in god(s). I have never said " as an atheist, I believe X Y or Z". There are certainly some views held by a lot of atheists,but none we ALL share as far as I'm aware.

Richard Dawkins reflects the thoughts of many atheist.Perhaps have a glance "The God Delusion".If you want something with a bit more depth,perhaps Bertrand Russel "Why I am Not A Christian".

A little research will help you make up your own mind.
Like Padraic I can't really tell if that's an "atheist view" ... I would tend towards no on the basis that, as far as I am concerned, the only thing you "need" to be an atheist is a disbelief in deity, everything else is negotiable.

Welcome to our little corner of cyberspace anyway Smile

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Yes I agree entirely with Kyu.

The definition of an atheist is just someone who doesn't believe in God(s).

Everything else is optional.

Atheism isn't a belief system or a belief...it's just one ABSENCE of a belief (absence of a belief in God) - that's it.

EvF
Could you not have summarised that?!

Ask yourself a question:

Do you believe in any god or gods?
If no, that's an atheist view!

Oh, and welcome to the forums
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello everybody! just came out as an atheist. JeffY 14 2627 April 24, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  I came here for the jelly. J a c k 87 8783 April 26, 2016 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  How I Came To Terms With Being Atheist Jacob Goff 15 2271 July 17, 2015 at 8:34 am
Last Post: brewer
  I came to judge. Knowledge of God 9 2282 June 28, 2014 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6688 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United