Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 Games
PS3 Games
Ok, so I've taken the plunge and bought a PlayStation 3. When you consider that the last games console I bought was some old Atari thing that looked like it was made out of wood you can see that I have a bit of catching up to do.

Anyway, my favourite all time game used to be ELITE which I played on the BBC Micro (I am that old) and then the Amiga.

What I'd like to know is what Elite type of game is there for the PS3. I love the idea of exploring an artificial universe and being able to talk to, or destroy other pilots who are also online Big Grin

Such a thing must exist mustn't it???
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: PS3 Games
Probably ... I can ask a couple of friends who have them if you like?

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
That would be great Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
It sounds like you're after an MMO (massive multiplayer online) which might be better played on a computer.

I've got an Xbox 360 and have been playing GTA4. It's absolutely amazing, and has an online feature where you can do deathmatches blowing up each other's cars and so on.

Or try Oblivion, Fable, Fable 2, Saints Row, Saints Row 2 and any of the GTA series.

I hope I didn't just list games you knew Wink

Never heard of a game where you get to explore space and talk/kill other pilots. Sounds pretty awesome.
"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability." Oscar Wilde
My Blog | Why I Don't Believe in God
(March 28, 2009 at 4:58 pm)Darwinian Wrote: That would be great

Haven't forgotten but the two friends I've asked who have PS3's don't know of any and the other two I know who have them aren't interested.

I've been looking for a space flight/fight/trade simulator for the XBox since I am huge fan of Privateer.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fav toys/games from your childhood vorlon13 29 4868 June 30, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  "Violent video games provide positive reinforcement to elicit violence in Life" ErGingerbreadMandude 17 2216 November 27, 2016 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Men Who are Bad at Video Games More Likely to Show Hostility to Women Pyrrho 21 3933 July 22, 2015 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Anyone got a hobby .. or is that what computer games are for? Whateverist 53 5602 November 26, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  Did you like the hunger games books? Lemonvariable72 21 5215 December 10, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Vig-E-O games Dotard 78 18135 January 24, 2010 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Pippy
  I have a better question, Xbox 360 or PS3? leo-rcc 49 13378 November 16, 2009 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  HDMI and the PS3 Darwinian 7 1946 October 26, 2009 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Darwinian