Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Libertarian left and right
Libertarian left and right
*Rules* - Everyone must have a good attitude when posting. If you disagree or agree, then feel free to post so. If you are making a joke, try to help make it obvious with a smiley face...you asshats! Tongue

Lets start off by agreeing on basic definitions. This original post will display the definitions as agreed upon by the main contributors of this thread. if you wish to add more definitions, then pleas post the request. Please, lets keep the definitions list short, sweet, and too the point.

Libertarianism - In the strictest sense, is the political philosophy that holds individual liberty as the basic moral principle of society. In the broadest sense, it is any political philosophy which approximates this view. Libertarianism includes diverse beliefs, all advocating strict limits to government activity and sharing the goal of maximizing individual liberty and political freedom (wikipedia).

Left wing - In politics, Left, left-wing and leftist generally refer to support for an egalitarian society (wikipedia).

Egalitarian - Is a trend of thought that favors equality of some sort among moral agents. Egalitarian doctrines tend to maintain that all humans are equal in fundamental worth or social status (wikipedia)

Right wing - In politics, Right, right-wing and rightist generally refer to support for a hierarchical society justified on the basis of an appeal to natural law or tradition (wikipedia).

Heirarchical - In sociology the social stratification is a concept of class, involving the "classification of persons into groups based on shared socio-economic conditions ... a relational set of inequalities with economic, social, political and ideological dimensions (wikipedia).

Centrist - (Moderate) In politics and religion, a moderate is an individual who is not extreme, partisan or radical. In recent years, political moderates has gained traction as a buzzword. Voters who describe themselves as centrist often mean that they are moderate in their political views, advocating neither extreme left-wing politics nor right-wing politics. (wikipedia)

Economics - is the social science that analyzes the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services. (wikipedia)

Inflation - In economics, inflation is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time.(wikipedia)

Wage - is a compensation, usually financial, received by workers in exchange for their labor. Compensation in terms of wages is given to workers and compensation in terms of salary is given to employees. Compensation is a monetary benefit given to employees in return for the services provided by them. (wikipedia)

Value - An economic value is the worth of a good or service as determined by the market(wikipedia)

Profit - In economics, the term profit has two related but distinct meanings. Normal profit represents the total opportunity costs (both explicit and implicit) of a venture to an entrepreneur or investor, whilst economic profit (also abnormal, pure, supernormal or excess profit, as the case may be monopoly or oligopoly profit, or simply profit) is, at least in the neoclassical microeconomic theory which dominates modern economics, the difference between a firm's total revenue and all costs, including normal profit. In both instances economic profit is the return to an entrepreneur or a group of entrepreneurs. Economic profit is thus contrasted with economic interest which is the return to an owner of capital stock or money or bonds (wikipedia)

Lets discuss the definitions now...
RE: Libertarian left and right
You mean I can't do this... "That man over there is a cunthole Sad"

Anyway, I personally don't like labels, they create separations that society and our minds that don't really exist.
They do help in understanding things though, so I see why they are necessary.
Cunt
(October 12, 2011 at 10:40 am)frankiej Wrote: You mean I can't do this... "That man over there is a cunthole Sad"

Anyway, I personally don't like labels, they create separations that society and our minds that don't really exist.
They do help in understanding things though, so I see why they are necessary.

LOL, I dont mind going off on tangents as long as they are not disruptive like I was before. I want to change the attitude of political discussion on this forum, and to do so I must be a good example... you fuck faced fart knocker.

Confusedhock:

I know some people dont like labels, I dont like them myself sometimes, but they are the only way to understand things. Without labels and definitions, anything = everything. Thats why it is important that definitions be agreed upon before discussion goes further. If someone makes a post and introduces a word you dont understand, or feel wrong about, then ask them to define it for you. then you post what you think it means. I will then post it on the original thread for all to see once we agree to its meaning. If we dont know the meaning of our words, then we are all speaking different languages and arguing over ignorance.
You should only try to be a good example if you really want to be. You shouldn't try and not be you just because of other people.

I don't like politics very much, so I'm not going to worry about this kind of stuff anyway.
Cunt
(October 12, 2011 at 10:54 am)frankiej Wrote: You should only try to be a good example if you really want to be. You shouldn't try and not be you just because of other people.

I don't like politics very much, so I'm not going to worry about this kind of stuff anyway.

No. Its because I want to be.
That's cool. Give me some sugar, baby.
Cunt
(October 12, 2011 at 11:31 am)frankiej Wrote: That's cool. Give me some sugar, baby.

Must love ash... the bestest anti-hero evar!
Libertarian shmerian.

That is all I have to offer on this subject. Until I become more educated in the matter.
(October 12, 2011 at 3:40 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Libertarian shmerian.

That is all I have to offer on this subject. Until I become more educated in the matter.

If you consider yourself liberal left progressive, then you may want to pay attention to it. Best that you are subscribed anyways.
I'm left progressive.

It was a joke as I forgot what I was going to type. And I will subscribe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ghost Guns - one of the left's lies. onlinebiker 33 2117 June 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] When you left theism, did you go Left? zwanzig 34 2210 April 22, 2021 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  "Activist Judges" and the BS far right..... Brian37 10 655 October 16, 2020 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Manipulation culture by left wingers Richi29 13 1099 July 24, 2020 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Right is left WinterHold 2 605 February 8, 2020 at 8:31 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  What’s Left? BrianSoddingBoru4 48 3133 February 4, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  I like that American left are miserable Snora 82 6952 March 24, 2019 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Explain left and right to me (political terms) Macoleco 27 2186 February 19, 2019 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  I’m sick of the far left too Losty 93 4038 November 27, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  If right wingers are inbred, are left wingers full of AIDS? Raue8ur 1 480 November 20, 2018 at 6:50 am
Last Post: no one