Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back in June
Back in June
we all got some laughs out of this story

http://www.examiner.com/atheism-in-phila...the-budget

Quote:Pennsylvania’s capital city of Harrisburg is currently in massive debt. So much debt that some city officials want to filing for bankruptcy. But not to worry the city’s mayor, Linda Thompson has a plan. Her plan is to pray and fast for three days.

Much as Rick Perry praying for rain in April... god apparently told Harrisburg to go fuck itself, too.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/65770.html

Quote:The city of Harrisburg, Pa., - the state’s capital - has filed for bankruptcy because of massive debt, according to reports.

In one of the largest municipality bankruptcy filings ever, the Harrisburg city council decided to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection due to “overwhelming debt,” the Associated Press reported on Wednesday.

This only shows that democrats can be just as stupid as republicans which was never really in doubt...and that praying to the godboy is no way to solve real problems.
RE: Back in June
I prayed harder for Harrisburg to fail though.... hahaha

"...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Carl Sagan
I wonder which scenario is better for her, that god hates her or doesn't exist?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
She'll come up with some asshole excuse to salvage her 'faith' in the all-powerful sky-daddy.

That kind of moron always does.
Well..if the government is bankrupt..then it obviously failed.

i wonder what cut throat corporations are making back room deals to take control of the city right now?
I'm sure the excuse is people didn't pray hard enough.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Does anyone in public ever just laugh their ass off to these people?
Like... you... really... think... praying....does... .something... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And just mock them? Does it do anything? Or are people to pussy?

I see people debate O'Reilliey and just cave... why doesn't someone start yelling back at the big idiot.
or is God a bankrupt belief?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Election (8th June, 2017) Isis 41 13432 June 9, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  All NSA documents released since June 2013 Mudhammam 2 974 January 10, 2014 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Mystical