Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Election (8th June, 2017)
General Election (8th June, 2017)
Who do you reckon will win?

I think the Conservatives will win by a landslide, personally. I haven't seen many polls or anything like that. It's just a feeling, considering the state of the Labour Party under Corbyn.
RE: General Election (8th June, 2017)
I'm hoping that the Tories will lose some seats, especially if it means that there is a hung parliament because that will be the funniest thing ever. Even if they don't lose or gain any, that would be equally hilarious.

No idea what will happen though. On the one hand you have people who do not admit to voting Tories so they may get more seats than the polls suggest. On the other hand, the prospect of an assured Tory landslide will motivate people to vote against them but for their own voters who are dissatisfied not to bother.
(June 4, 2017 at 4:32 am)Isis Wrote: Who do you reckon will win?

I think the Conservatives will win by a landslide, personally. I haven't seen many polls or anything like that. It's just a feeling, considering the state of the Labour Party under Corbyn.

The labour party is resurgent at the moment with the latest polls showing a hung parliament.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39856354

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I recently became a paying member of the Conservative Party and it looks like they will be getting my vote. They are certainly far from perfect but it is necessary to help prevent Corbyn from getting in. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet, as they say..

(June 4, 2017 at 5:11 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: The labour party is resurgent at the moment with the latest polls showing a hung parliament.

I struggle to believe polls after the referendum and the US Presidential election, but thank you for sharing. It will certainly be interesting to see what happens. Theresa May better get her shit together, that's for sure.
(June 4, 2017 at 5:11 am)Isis Wrote: I recently became a paying member of the Conservative Party and it looks like they will be getting my vote. They are certainly far from perfect but it is necessary to help prevent Corbyn from getting in. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet, as they say..

I am not a big fan of Corbyn and believe that with any other leader Labour would be romping it in because the tories poor policies have wrecked our economy in a way that has personally seen me become much worse off thorough a combination of austerity and tanking the value of the pound. For example food items from abroad which is most fruit and vegetables have suddenly gone up in cost WAY above the level of inflation.

I'm in Purdah at the moment so can't tell you exactly where I work, but when the tories came in we had undergone a "lean" exercise which was to pair done costs to the bear minimum in all ways including staffing, so we had just enough people to do our core taskin.

The tories ordered us to get rid of 20% more people without looking at anything just get rid.
They then came back and said get of of 30% which we're in the middle of.

So we have many less people than is needed to carry out our core tasking, getting rid of more and we are on the verge of not being able to do our tasks because the band aid solutions have all run out and the things that could be put off can't be put off anymore.

I see the tories are now calling for the general election to be postponed. Running scared of terrorists or running scared of Labour?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I think the Tories will win but I hope they don't because they're fucking the NHS in the ass.

I support Green for a future rival to Tories... but I feel like that will never happen so I'm just gonna vote Labour as they are the only party that actually has a current chance of beating the Tories and they want to give us the NHS back.
(June 4, 2017 at 5:11 am)Isis Wrote: I recently became a paying member of the Conservative Party and it looks like they will be getting my vote. They are certainly far from perfect but it is necessary to help prevent Corbyn from getting in. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet, as they say..

(June 4, 2017 at 5:11 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: The labour party is resurgent at the moment with the latest polls showing a hung parliament.

I struggle to believe polls after the referendum and the US Presidential election, but thank you for sharing. It will certainly be interesting to see what happens. Theresa May better get her shit together, that's for sure.

Just out of curiosity, why would you vote for a party who hate you and everything you stand for?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(June 4, 2017 at 1:05 pm)Tazzycorn Wrote: Just out of curiosity, why would you vote for a party who hate you and everything you stand for?

My views differ on some issues with them, but there is no way I would vote for Corbyn. I consider him a genuine threat to this country, hence the "bite the bullet, as they say" part.

But I suppose I will see what happens in the voting booth.
(June 5, 2017 at 2:36 pm)Isis Wrote:
(June 4, 2017 at 1:05 pm)Tazzycorn Wrote: Just out of curiosity, why would you vote for a party who hate you and everything you stand for?

My views differ on some issues with them, but there is no way I would vote for Corbyn. I consider him a genuine threat to this country, hence the "bite the bullet, as they say" part.

But I suppose I will see what happens in the voting booth.

I seriously hope you guys get a good leader after the election we had.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
So let me see if I start understanding something here...
Tories == conservatives == the guys currently in power and who triggered Brexit based on a 52% win on a referendum riddled with false hints of promises like billions of pounds going into the NHS instead of the EU?

The main opposition, this Corbyn guy is with the Labor party... I'm sure this party has a different name, too, but can't remember.

Then there are the LibDems... I suppose that stands for Liberal Democrats... but where do they stand on the political spectrum?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1060 48878 3 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 791 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5342 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1514 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1069 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Good News from yesterday's election. Brian37 14 2129 November 9, 2018 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  "Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention ReptilianPeon 20 2429 August 2, 2018 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Should Hilary Run In The Next Election (The Unbiased Version) Amarok 67 9532 July 25, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 781 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  2018 Ontario Election (FUBAR) Amarok 11 1227 March 11, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Amarok