Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found the problem with US politics.
Found the problem with US politics.
Total Senators - 100
Total Lawyers in senate - 57(+4)
Total politicians (senators + reps) - 535
Total atheists - 1

57 Lawyers, 1 atheist. Speaks volumes doesn't it.
RE: Found the problem with US politics.
Frankly, I'm surprised that there is even 1 atheist.
That will never hold up in court...
They probably did not announce that bit of info until after the election. There may be others that believe coming 'out of the closet' would be political suicide.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Thinking

Propose this to a christian and they would think you were saying that the problem was the one atheist.

That's what is wrong with America in general.

You're complicating the issue. Let me simplify it for you.

Problem with American politics = Americans
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I think Capitalism is failing us. That, and the majority that cling to their erroneous convictions that America is god's favorite country.

(October 16, 2011 at 3:32 pm)IATIA Wrote: They probably did not announce that bit of info until after the election. There may be others that believe coming 'out of the closet' would be political suicide.

And they'd be right, according to the polls.
That will never hold up in court...
(October 16, 2011 at 3:17 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: 57 Lawyers, 1 atheist. Speaks volumes doesn't it.

5th, you haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what's wrong with US politics. Good start though.
How many scientists. I think like 2 as well. The atheist is Pete Stark.

I don't think it's Americans fault either.

I would blame.... Money. As money influences, and money creates propaganda, and that effects Americans information. If we were told, Vote for this guy he will fix the economy, we would(why would our leaders lie to us?), unless the person possesses critical thinking skills, but that is not taught in American classrooms for the most part.
And the rich have lots of money to spend....they can even buy themselves a black guy to be their spokesman.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...1LIDQ4.DTL

Quote:Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain has cast himself as the outsider, the pizza magnate with real-world experience who will bring fresh ideas to the nation's capital. But Cain's economic ideas, support and organization have close ties to two billionaire brothers who bankroll right-leaning causes through their group Americans for Prosperity.

Cain's campaign manager and a number of aides have worked for Americans for Prosperity, or AFP, the advocacy group founded with support from billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch, which lobbies for lower taxes and less government regulation and spending.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2430 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 7021 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 328 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 777 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 489 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1328 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 983 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  USA politics of hate Richi29 4 382 July 23, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Politics WinterHold 23 1550 January 20, 2020 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Politics is a fairy tale about England Interaktive 6 906 December 27, 2019 at 5:31 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb