Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny events to share
Funny events to share
Just thought I'd share this story with you all

This happened about twenty years ago when I was helping out in a cubs group which was based in a church hall.

Once over I made my way home, but 15 minutes later outside the house I found I had left my keys behind. I made my way back but as the hall was locked I had to knock on the priests door and ask if anyone had handed in a bunch of keys.

He asked me to describe what was written on the key ring, which forced me as my face reddened with embarrasement, to tell him that it said "Heaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over"

Anyone else got anything they'd like to share?

All the best

Chris
Archeologists near mount Sinai have discovered what is believed to be a
missing page from the Bible. The page is currently being carbon dated in
Bonn. If genuine it belongs at the beginning of the Bible and is believed to
read "To my darling Candy. All characters portrayed within this book are
fictitous and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely
coincidental." - Newsreader in 'Red Dwarf 2: Better Than Life'
RE: Funny events to share
I once opened the door to a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses wearing my "There's probably no Jehovah, so go ahead and have that blood transfusion" t-shirt Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Big Grin 
(October 21, 2011 at 6:13 pm)Darwinian Wrote: I once opened the door to a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses wearing my "There's probably no Jehovah, so go ahead and have that blood transfusion" t-shirt Big Grin

I'd have loved to have seen the looks on their faces
ROFLOL
Archeologists near mount Sinai have discovered what is believed to be a
missing page from the Bible. The page is currently being carbon dated in
Bonn. If genuine it belongs at the beginning of the Bible and is believed to
read "To my darling Candy. All characters portrayed within this book are
fictitous and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely
coincidental." - Newsreader in 'Red Dwarf 2: Better Than Life'
When I got married it was in a church and some candles had been lit with one of those long ceremonial poles. The pole was then leaned against the wall and the minister commenced with his speech. He started talking about blessing the marriage under god, and as soon as he said, "god" the pole came crashing down making a loud bang. I glanced over and all of my groomsmen were grinning ear to ear.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 21, 2011 at 6:13 pm)Darwinian Wrote: I once opened the door to a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses wearing my "There's probably no Jehovah, so go ahead and have that blood transfusion" t-shirt Big Grin
My hairdresser is a Jehovah's Witness, and she goes on about it to me all the time, and asks me to come to their next bible study. Once she was talking about how "Jesus will reign once more", and how "it is god's curse", when there's a storm outside. Well when she was talking about this, one time, I heard snickering coming from behind me, as if mocking her. When I turned around the only people in the room were me, the hairdresser, and a vicar. It just shows how even men of faith don't take faith seriously.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Artificial intelligence without filters is really funny purplepurpose 3 1031 February 19, 2023 at 5:33 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I would like to share the 2 and a half rules of comedy 😁 HankMoody316 11 1622 November 6, 2022 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Dawn of The dead, ok, not exactly. But funny. Brian37 4 328 January 30, 2021 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Where were you during important historical events? The Valkyrie 23 1850 September 21, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Most Inappropriately Funny Moments of Your Life Shell B 32 2562 May 22, 2019 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  SOOO wrong but funny! Brian37 4 708 April 21, 2019 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  So wrong, but dark humor funny wrong. Brian37 13 2030 March 27, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Humans are funny no matter where. Brian37 0 603 January 26, 2019 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Shoe ad strikes me as funny. Brian37 3 703 December 29, 2018 at 8:32 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Funny Night Raw! Brian37 0 304 December 6, 2018 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Brian37