Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Christian Guys Annoy Me, A LOT.
Some Christian Guys Annoy Me, A LOT.
You know, those guys who act nice to you to your face, but then reject you.

it's kind of jarring to realize they aren't the nice people they try to portray themselves as.

such as:

this one guy, in college, who was doing a film auditionand I wanted to try out for it, he was a christian. He turned me down because i couldn't talk and i only spoke in sign language. I was in tears, then, i was embarrassed that I was in tears and left hurriedly.

He could've let me audition and could've told me I didn't make the cut, but he just said no to me.

Another guy from college. Christian too.

I really needed help with a math project, so I asked him to help me after I was struggling with it. He said he would help me, gave me his phone number, then "forgot" to meet me when he said he would and rescheduled for the next day. I texted him again, no response.

I felt a lot of anger for him when I saw him in class again the next time.

Maybe these things are petty, i just think they show how Christians can dress and make their speech free of profanities, but then, idk, it just seems like they these types of guys aren't nice people but try to portray themselves as such???

does that make any sense?
RE: Some Christian Guys Annoy Me, A LOT.
Theyre human beings, with human failings. Whatever armor they believe christ has given them against this is obviously ineffective. That their line about emulating christ is often bullshit is a bit upsetting, but again, human beings, human failings.

Sounds painful. You speak in sign? I can't, plus one over the guy who can talk.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yeah I guess I have to keep in mind that they are human beings...

I speak in American Sign Language.

Maybe this reveals that I have some hidden expectations of Christians?
(October 27, 2011 at 12:29 am)SophiaGrace Wrote: Yeah I guess I have to keep in mind that they are human beings...

You should have expectations of christians, we are suppose to live to a high standard, one of the things Christ has taught, that His followers are to treat others better than they want to be treated.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(October 27, 2011 at 1:39 am)Godschild Wrote:
(October 27, 2011 at 12:29 am)SophiaGrace Wrote: Yeah I guess I have to keep in mind that they are human beings...

You should have expectations of christians, we are suppose to live to a high standard, one of the things Christ has taught, that His followers are to treat others better than they want to be treated.

Except the inner foundations of your so-called high standard is so beneath contempt that no exterior effectation built on such basis can pass you off as adequate. Yet tries as we might to adapt our expectations to this fact, you consistently fall beneath them.

Sophia, I agree with Rhythm. They are people. Rejection is part of being human. That they are Christians really doesn't change the story much.

Don't worry about the not being able to speak out loud thing. Most guys would love that in a woman. Tongue
*hugs SophiaGrace*

I have to agree with Rhythm and Shell, douchebags will be douchebags, no matter the religion. I agree though on the point, that for a religion that proclaims itself to be love itself, Christians fail pretty miserably..

On another note, sign language is awesome, I have always wanted to learn it myself. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I eavesdrop if someone signs in my vicinity, not to see the conversation per se, but because the hand movements are so beautiful and mesmerizing.. Blush
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Agreed Sophia ^^ WTS
People are just people though it does seem that xtians are the most notorious ...?
Would personally love to learn Auslan myself...my son knows some sign language and agree with kayenneh that the hand movements are so graceful
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Sure, they're human. So their failings would be forgivable if they weren't preaching the high ground, expecting everyone to live up to their impossibley high standards while simultaneously treating others with contempt and callousness. I see no problem with holding Christians responsible for walking the walk.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Auslan ftw, I'm ALMOST interpreter grade (Failed the final exam by but a few percentage points). I will try again but it's expensive.

Yeah it makes sense, though I've long since stopped being surprised by people's hypocrisy and assholery (christian or otherwise) but yeah, whited supulchres ftl.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Explanation Required by the 12 guys? + the secret. Ferrocyanide 26 1780 December 20, 2021 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  These Guys Could Give Religion A Good Name. Minimalist 2 803 March 15, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  You guys are right. Mystic 54 8109 February 5, 2018 at 10:30 am
Last Post: haig
  The people of Lot? Sodom? Pompeii?? WinterHold 36 9107 September 12, 2017 at 6:07 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Maybe you guys are mixing religion with God Fk789 36 3353 November 1, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Crazy, Screwed Up Story of Lot Nope 34 8491 December 5, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Aren't fundamentalists the 'good' guys? Dystopia 16 3332 August 4, 2014 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Best way to annoy a theist Dystopia 21 5833 July 21, 2014 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Phrases that annoy you Heather 62 8815 October 23, 2011 at 9:55 am
Last Post: zip_ster