Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deconverted by theology.
Deconverted by theology.
Hello, am I amongst the deconverted? If so then let me stand up and make my admission. I am *stands up and bows head in shame* a recovering Fundamentalist Christian (fc for short). I had been an fc for many years. A few years ago I got tired of the same bullshit....am I allowed to say shit here? If not please disregaurd the past two times I used the word and dab the blood coming out of your ears. I will refrain from further use of the word until given permission. Anyway I got tired of the bs they preach over and over again in church and decided to read for myself the theology behind the religion. I also read several church history books. Theology should be interpreted within the context of the time period within which it was written so I read about 3 times as many history books as I did theology books. I thought the whole thing would bring me closer to God. What happened instead was that I became horrified by what I read. I continued reading hoping that things would get better but the more I read the worse it got. I sat and watched my cold hard fundamentalist beliefs melt into a puddle of facts. the facts quickly evaporated away leaving only a small puddle, a fraction of what was there before. I'm only waiting for a small dog to come round and lap that up as well. How bad can this get? I feel like Neil awakening from the Matrix.

My puddle contains a concentrated amount of spiritual experiences I had whilst being a theist. I'm supposed to know what I am should to do with these experiences but really I don't have a clue. I hope science will provide answers soon. Hail science.

When I registered on this forum, the form wanted me to put in my religious beliefs. First I wrote Atheist, then I erased that. Then I wrote Agnostic, but I erased that as well. Then I wanted to write "i don't have a clue" but i deemed that to be too lengthy. Then I wrote "confused". I erased that for fear that this may attract unwanted attention from theists who will want to save me. My a hole is large enough already from years of having Bible enemas. I don't need any more. I finally settled on a simple question mark.

If any fc's exist on this forum I don't need any condescending "help" to get reconverted. I know more about your religion than you do. I am here to converse with the skeptics and form some sort of digital solidarity. I never appreciated how difficult it was for a nontheist to exist in a Bible infused environment (I live in the Bible belt of the USA) until I became a nontheist (of sorts) myself. Worship
RE: Deconverted by theology.
Science isn't likely to give you any answers regarding what to do about some "spiritual experience". I wouldn't hold onto that unless you want to go through the same sort of disappointment all over again. Welcome aboard.

PS: FC is bullshit and jesus can take a big rubbery one up the ass.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Welcome.

If some cunt tells you that you can't swear then ignore them... A fuck will always get an extra laugh...
Cunt
(October 27, 2011 at 12:37 pm)frankiej Wrote: Welcome.

If some cunt tells you that you can't swear then ignore them... A fuck will always get an extra laugh...

Oh my stars thats offended my delicate ears..............joke.

Wink Shades

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 27, 2011 at 12:48 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(October 27, 2011 at 12:37 pm)frankiej Wrote: Welcome.

Oh my stars thats offended my delicate ears..............joke.

Wink Shades

Oh good I really like to say shit, sometimes it's the only word that truly expresses the the thought. And it's such a versatile word as well. Fuck is good as well. Asshole on the other hand is a more specific word that delivers it's meaning right to the place where it needs to be delivered. I'ts good to know that there is a place safe from South Park's (the tv show) ancient Celtic warriors who defend against the words of curse from any and all users. How did you manage to cage the dragon?

Oh, BTW I thought of my username after cleaning out my refridgerator. Seen in the context of my deconversion story I thought it would be appropriate.

Welcome.

I can't wait for Statler to turn up, he's a genuine FC.

Also;

'Neil awakening from the Matrix.'

Neo dear boy, Neo.
So glad you could join us ziplock. Your story is nearly identical to my own and in truth there are a few others around here who share it as well. Wink

Don't worry too much about your label. You'll figure that out in time. Meanwhile, jump in with both feet and welcome to a life free of stupidity and irrational self-loathing.

It's always good to see another mind freeing itself of the shackles of christian enslavement.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Ah yes, about your label...have you heard the good news about Lahni-Do?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
So Ziplock, were there any particular moments you can remember? Like, a certain phrase that kind of hit you in the face and made you think 'this is all wrong'?

Either way, welcome to the forums. On the plus side, I'm sure you'll find your experience to be a valuable ally.
(October 27, 2011 at 1:34 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Welcome.

I can't wait for Statler to turn up, he's a genuine FC.

Also;

'Neil awakening from the Matrix.'

Neo dear boy, Neo.

Why yes it is Neo. It's been a long time since I've seen the movies and somehow I remembered the main characters name incorrectly. Oh well.

So, are there really FC's here on this forum that are ready and willing to save our souls from the pit of hell? Do I need to tattoo a "do not enter" sign on my ass? Or how About I eat some hot buffalo wings from hell and shit out some fire and brimstone. Wait...won't that last bit qualify me as a god? Oh crap!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newly deconverted Old Baby 30 4723 January 5, 2016 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
Heart Deconverted Christian -- My Story: Complete with Pictures gillianseed 3 1554 June 16, 2012 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Annik