Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite time of year?
Favourite time of year?
what's you're favourite time of year?

at the moment I am pining for winter to come back. I absolutely hate hot Australian Summers. All I ever seem to want to do is laze around inside with the aircon on, but I have classes and so on to attend.

I love winter, especially European Winter, which I see a lot of since I travel there once a year in December.

I love snow, and rugging up warm and all that stuff.
Quote:Frankly, I wish that the fruits of my work useful and glorious appearing of the world that the fruits of my labor awaken the mind and unlock the feeling of those who are deprived of light.
Ridiculous to say, outside the sky was nothing.
There is not one world, one earth, one sun, but as many worlds as we see bright sparks on us.

Giordano Bruno
RE: Favourite time of year?
Anytime it's warm which is rare here in Michigan. Spend a winter here and you'll hate snow.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Just between Summer and Fall. I used to like the Fall, but as I get older, it gets colder.
In my part of the world (Northern Victoria), the "Autumn" and "spring" months are my favorite times of the year. The days are generally mild to warm, however they are not often they are particularly hot or cold.

My ideal climate would be a in the highland areas of the tropics, cities like Mexico City, Addis Ababa, Bogota, Brasilia, Nairobi etc. Although cities like San Francisco, areas of Los Angeles, San Deigo and Lima would be ideal as well for me.
undefined
Spring. Spring here in North Carolina is exceptional.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I don't know of a better climate than where I am, you wear a jumper in winter but summer isn't usually too hot. Places 1000km south (closer to the South Pole) counter intuitively have more extreme hot weather in summer.

Spring and Autumn are best.

Port Macquarie - months Jan-Dec
Mean daily max: 25.7 25.9 25.1 23.2 20.6 18.5 17.9 18.8 20.4 21.8 23.2 24.7

Mean daily min: 18.3 18.4 17.1 14.1 10.9 8.5 7.2 7.7 9.9 12.8 15.2 17.1

10C = 50F
15 = 59
20 = 68
25 = 77
[Image: YgZ8E.png]
Spring and Autumn here in Perth...Winter isn't too bad but wet.

Personally I would like to be holed up for about 3months with snow on the ground unable to move outdoors ...for just once in my life!! Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Pick the coldest day of the year. That's what I like. It's never cold enough, I can always be persuaded to move farther and farther north.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 6, 2011 at 6:25 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Spring. Spring here in North Carolina is exceptional.

Spring and fall are great here in North Carolina.... I think my favorite time is Fall.
Ah, but you know me and growing things, Rev... When spring hits, the whole state is awash in gold and that incomparable early brilliant green and flirts with itself.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star HAPPY NEW YEAR Nay_Sayer 14 990 January 1, 2024 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 625 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Happy New Year!! Jehanne 16 749 January 1, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2189 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Happy New Year? zebo-the-fat 28 2023 January 2, 2021 at 4:42 am
Last Post: Apollo
  Do you have a favourite raptor? BrianSoddingBoru4 14 946 July 31, 2020 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Do you have a favourite rodent? BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1768 July 26, 2020 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gnomey
  Which console zo buy a 12-year-old kid? franzis 20 2438 February 23, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  HAPPY NEW YEAR ! WinterHold 4 632 January 1, 2020 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Happy New Year!! Jehanne 16 1023 January 2, 2019 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Godscreated