Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greeting from Oklahoma!
Wink 
Greeting from Oklahoma!
Hey atheists,

My name is Vu and for the moment I'm stuck in Oklahoma...for 10 years now.

I didn't come from a Christian background, I was a hardcore buddhist, though it was pretty much the same thing. But With a great interest/love for science especially astronomy,and being a fan of Carl Sagan and Richard Dawkins, I soon became an atheist after I finally had the courage to reexamine faith and see how weird it all was. It was sort of a long journey lol

feel free to post welcoming response Big Grin
RE: Greeting from Oklahoma!
Hi Vu from the "Land Down Under" and Welcome to our little corner of sanity.

Funny ...when I first glanced at your Name I saw Passionfruit fool ...Now I'm hungry for that desert Dodgy

Anyway, yeah it is sad that something like Buddhism has now become "just another religion to trap the unwary". I hope you enjoy your stay here.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(November 8, 2011 at 1:47 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Hi Vu from the "Land Down Under" and Welcome to our little corner of sanity.

Funny ...when I first glanced at your Name I saw Passionfruit fool ...Now I'm hungry for that desert Dodgy

Anyway, yeah it is sad that something like Buddhism has now become "just another religion to trap the unwary". I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Why thank you. :]

You know...I never tried a passion fruit....It looks a whole lot like a pomegranate, even though I never was sure if I was suppose to eat the seeds of the pomegranate or spit it out....

And yeah I think Buddhism probably started out more of a philosophical school, and the Buddha denied the existence of a supreme god, he was probably encouraging a little more of free thinking and examining the world, but over time it turns into a pretty hardcore religion with traditions, schools, sects, rituals and all sort of strange stuff.
Ya know...I have never tried a pomegranate ?

Passionfruit are very tart (sharp?) acidic in taste and yeah you eat the seeds as well.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Passionfruits are awesome! Heart

Hi there Vu! Welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Hello, and welcome.

Wow! Lots of new people streaming in as of late. That could be a good sign.

That the "people of this planet" are starting to think??

HELL YES!! Big Grin
I've never had passionfruit, but the seeds of the pomegranate are what you eat and they are the most amazing treat when they're in season. Best shared messy with a lover, remembering that it was three seeds of a pomegranate that kept Persephone from returning completely to the land of the living. Also good sprinkled on salads or heaped in a bowl with other holiday accessories for decorative flair. They do stain, however, so never eat them on your good sheets.

How can you resist when you split one open and find the inside riddled with cavities swelling with brilliant, juicy garnet red color, the seeds so plump they're fit to burst...? Big Grin

Anyway, welcome - I've met a few atheists from your neck of the woods...it's not easy over there!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Lol thanks for the welcoming guys. I think the world is changing and more people are starting to come out of the dark age mindset.

(November 8, 2011 at 8:13 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: I've never had passionfruit, but the seeds of the pomegranate are what you eat and they are the most amazing treat when they're in season. Best shared messy with a lover, remembering that it was three seeds of a pomegranate that kept Persephone from returning completely to the land of the living. Also good sprinkled on salads or heaped in a bowl with other holiday accessories for decorative flair. They do stain, however, so never eat them on your good sheets.

How can you resist when you split one open and find the inside riddled with cavities swelling with brilliant, juicy garnet red color, the seeds so plump they're fit to burst...? Big Grin

Anyway, welcome - I've met a few atheists from your neck of the woods...it's not easy over there!

Love your description on pomegranate XD Very poetic , just make it sounds even more delicious.
Quote:I've never had passionfruit

You don't need anymore passion, darlin'.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Oklahoma! siouxdax 10 1019 January 8, 2018 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Greeting from Arizona Desert Diva 33 3333 March 30, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Greeting to all forum members Sami haddad 7 2244 August 3, 2013 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Greeting from Vienna... mayor of simpleton 25 5631 November 14, 2011 at 9:16 am
Last Post: Epimethean