Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gravity? Oh, THAT theory :D
Video 
Gravity? Oh, THAT theory :D
Hey guys, just sharing my skydiving experience around Tongue

Sorry for the low quality, but its their trial video, I'll get the better quality version later.

IT'S FUCKING AWESOME!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8ijXh9nYNo
RE: Gravity? Oh, THAT theory :D
I'll never understand why anyone would jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
(November 14, 2011 at 2:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'll never understand why anyone would jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

Because we have parachutes?
And if the plane is on fire a parachute is a good thing to have because it beats the alternative.....barely.

Gravity is only a theory.

Besides, this just looks like Intelligent Falling to me.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(November 14, 2011 at 2:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'll never understand why anyone would jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

Several reasons ... but only you can decide if they're good reasons.

I've done it. These were my reasons:

1 The "I did that" claim to fame. (personal pride factor)
2 The extreme rush of free falling 6000 feet. It's amazing, and the closest thing a human can get to actual flying without being strapped to a machine.
3 A need to experience everything life has to offer, being that it is so dreadfully short.

and of course ...

4 I don't want to be 75 years old and telling my grand kids how much fun I had playing mini-golf at the local putt putt between annual trips to the petting zoo and watching reruns of Bewitched.

For the record:

I have swam with sharks.
Bungee jumped.
Cliff dived.
Sky dived.
Bridge jumping.
Gotten stoned, drunk, laid and handcuffed in a police cruiser (all in one afternoon)
Illegally bike raced at 160 mph
Totaled my brother's brand new motorcycle the day he bought it.
Jumped every ATV known to man
Rock climb and still do on occasion
Almost died deep sea diving
Kayak level 4 rapids (terrifying)
and Repelled off a 1400 foot vertical rock face.

... and you know what. I regret nothing.
Life is short. Why sit it out?

[Image: Evolution.png]

Apparently LP likes men strapped to his back. Never would have guessed that one .............
(November 14, 2011 at 2:31 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Hey guys, just sharing my skydiving experience around Tongue

Sorry for the low quality, but its their trial video, I'll get the better quality version later.

IT'S FUCKING AWESOME!!!

I hate you so much right now. -.-
As a lifelong acrophobe (look it up) the only way you could get me to do things like these would be to drug me into a coma. Even then I'd insist on a blindfold. Just watching videos of this stuff makes my intestines and genitals leapfrog each other.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Haven't done skydiving, yet.

But I did do gliding for about 6 months('til I got bored).

Done aerobatics in a Tigermoth and if you know what a Tigermoth is you'll understand just how scary that is.

Am seriously addicted to high speed motorcycles Big Grin

And I am of the opinion that you cannot truly value your life until you come close to losing it. Hence why activities like these are so compelling.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Pill Dating Theory? FrustratedFool 143 6782 August 30, 2023 at 6:11 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  The Real JFK NWO Speech... And the Definition of "Theory" ScienceAf 8 2263 August 17, 2016 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf
  Invent your own conspiracy theory! Brick-top 21 7041 February 1, 2015 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: Losty
  The Big Bang Theory (TV Show) Bugbear (Nerd Alert) ManMachine 19 3915 April 4, 2014 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: ManMachine
  Conspiracy theory: Empire of the City? Napoléon 6 2371 July 23, 2013 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: bladevalant546
  Big Bang Theory Braveheart 31 6855 January 13, 2012 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: 8BitAtheist