Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread rules?
Thread rules?
I think it happens to often that a thread goes out of topic. Specially in the religions threads. The same discussion in the ´"Evidence that god exists" exists in "Reason", "thanks, god" and such. It's hard to follow the discussion since it jumps between threads and it get very repetitive. So there should be some rules or atleast someone that can control threads and make sure that they stick with the threads topic.

I also suggest we should close some threads since they are constantly getting out of topic. Atleast "Reason".
RE: Thread rules?
I agree, we should consolidate a lot of these off-topic messages into 1 or 2 own threads.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I think also think that it's a unnessesary fight that is going between Kyu and Fr0d0. It has become quite hostile and there is nothing good coming out of it.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, a thread cannot be controlled any more than a discussion can be confined UNLESS you appoint a formal moderator to that discussion. At that point it becomes a debate and rightly belongs in the debate forum or somewhere similar.

As for my part in the debacle between Frodo and I, I would say that if Frodo would actually engage in the discussion and be willing to answer (properly and fully points made) then progress would be far more positive ... that others (you included Giff) are willing to play his stupid games is as much a reflection on them as it is on me I think.

I also think it's more than a little ironic that you complain about the way others debate here and then (in the shoutbox) you complain it's quiet? Make up your mind.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I agree with you Kyu. Fr0d0 should give more straight answers and be more precise. I have tried to follow the discussion in diffrent but I've find it hard since it's useually long posts and it jumps from diffrent threads. i don't know if Fr0d0 try to avoid question by being not clear in his answer or if he tries to and fail. But I agree with you that he should engage more. Plus its seem like he is avoidning questions. He have hard time answering them.

I have to admit that I also have gone out of topic, on some ocations, but I still think we should try to avoid it. If not a moderator but ourselves.

Don't see the connection between that I think it's quiet and that I think the debate have gone out of hand. Do you think any good will come out your argument with Fr0d0? And will it ever stop? Because it seems like it just keep on going.

I just think it's better that the discussion should be ended soon because it's quite pointless at the moment also do I not see any end of it nor do I think any good will come out of it. More then you both get more and more angry.

But it's up to I just say what I think.
It's common on atheist forums for members to pounce on theists and demand evidence, then answers to all the common fallacies (from a Christian perspective) in rapid fire.

Kyu has repeatedly told me to just fuck off this forum. He simply doesn't support the forum ethos of open membership.

You can see I have already tried to keep threads on topic, but Kyu, unopposed, says that's not allowed. So I follow Kyu's rule.

I've engaged Kyu on any subject. Kyu has always opted out at some point. He picks up other peoples points a lot and wants to split discussions that way.

Of course there's only one of me. Obviously other theists have left. Only one amicably (to my knowledge). there are very many more atheists that theists to answer questions, so of course it's an uphill struggle for me.

I do try to answer questions thoroughly and as directly as possible. To atheists, my views won't make sense. This prompts some to bring out the red card, and sometimes start mild name calling.

I repeat: I don't come here to convert people. I have my beliefs, and I'm happy for others to think differently.
(April 15, 2009 at 12:21 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Kyu has repeatedly told me to just fuck off this forum. He simply doesn't support the forum ethos of open membership.

No I haven't ... please point out one instance where I have directly told YOU to fuck off (and trust me I've just searched back to the beginning of this month, disingenuous as always eh Frodo?).

(April 15, 2009 at 12:21 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: You can see I have already tried to keep threads on topic, but Kyu, unopposed, says that's not allowed. So I follow Kyu's rule.

No, I said you cannot keep a thread on topic I DID NOT say it was not allowed and if you followed my rules you'd actually answer things, wouldn't dodge and wouldn't be disingenuous the way you are.

(April 15, 2009 at 12:21 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I've engaged Kyu on any subject. Kyu has always opted out at some point. He picks up other peoples points a lot and wants to split discussions that way.

You haven't engaged me at all and yes I do pick up others points which is not against the forum rules, this is a discussion forum and no one owns a given thread.

(April 15, 2009 at 12:21 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Of course there's only one of me. Obviously other theists have left. Only one amicably (to my knowledge). there are very many more atheists that theists to answer questions, so of course it's an uphill struggle for me.

Oh poor you.

(April 15, 2009 at 12:21 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I do try to answer questions thoroughly and as directly as possible. To atheists, my views won't make sense. This prompts some to bring out the red card, and sometimes start mild name calling.

Name calling no, bad language yes and you should try harder because it's you who gets up people's noses resulting in you being on at least one person's ignore list so far.

(April 15, 2009 at 12:21 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I repeat: I don't come here to convert people. I have my beliefs, and I'm happy for others to think differently.

But not to answer questions directly it seems.

EDIT: Oh yes, BTW, if we're talking about who has been directly insulting who in the discussion we had how about, "You, having no clue of course we should respect as an authority on this subject you know fuck all about" ... hmmm?

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!

I'm off to have discussions with people that want them Kyu. I have no interest in whatever you're trying to achieve here. I've addressed you when you try to be serious, but always you return to your nasty little remarks and bullying tactics, which I'm afraid I've grown tired of. Fool that I am, I'll always address you if you give up on the insults. Otherwise, I don't think any thinking person would expect a response to your sort of abuse.
(April 15, 2009 at 3:59 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I'm off to have discussions with people that want them Kyu. I have no interest in whatever you're trying to achieve here. I've addressed you when you try to be serious, but always you return to your nasty little remarks and bullying tactics, which I'm afraid I've grown tired of. Fool that I am, I'll always address you if you give up on the insults. Otherwise, I don't think any thinking person would expect a response to your sort of abuse.

Yet again you are disingenuous accusing others of tactics YOU are also guilty of and ignoring the fact that I am simply the most vocal opponent of such tactics.

Kyu
Angry Atheism

Where's the love, man? I don't feel it here. Can't we just unite with a big cozy grouphug? Heart

Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion for a minor rules change. Ravenshire 24 6281 July 8, 2015 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  just noticed the rules Coffee Jesus 28 4908 April 26, 2014 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  Why is having a mod on the ignore list against rules? Something completely different 147 30945 October 31, 2013 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Religious threats and the forum rules? Something completely different 17 5985 June 2, 2013 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Rules for the R'lyeh Forum Love 18 5621 May 16, 2013 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Rules Change Shell B 16 5521 November 14, 2012 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Proposed Alteration to Forum Rules Existentialist 6 3548 October 27, 2010 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Shell B
  When complaining about other users who have broken the rules discussion Violet 4 2255 September 18, 2009 at 6:13 am
Last Post: Retorth
  Link posting rules Overmars 10 5707 August 13, 2009 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Rules? Tiberius 19 10657 January 2, 2009 at 7:00 am
Last Post: infidel666