Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules for the R'lyeh Forum
Rules for the R'lyeh Forum
As regards the R'lyeh forum, the subheading states: "A sunken forum where people may continue heated, controversial threads, or start new ones in a relaxed rule atmosphere." I would like to respectfully suggest that you tighten up the rules for this particular forum, so that people like catfish are prohibited from flaming and trolling in extremely sensitive topics of discussion (such as serious health conditions, for example). Catfish acted extremely inappropriately and ultimately got away with murder in the "Mental disorders and supposed "crybabyism" thread. In this instance, it appears as though the rules were not just relaxed, but rather completely nonexistent. I hope it does not happen again.
RE: Rules for the R'lyeh Forum
Didn't you try to deflect some argument along the lines of "well, you have npd" not too far back?

I don't know, the pot seems to be calling the kettle black, and then asking for a rule change.

Maybe don't post in R'lyeh or something....Thinking I mean, I think R'yleh is great - though I don't spend enough time there.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Cat murdered someone? O.o
(May 15, 2013 at 9:48 am)Rhythm Wrote: Didn't you try to deflect some argument along the lines of "well, you have npd" not too far back?

I don't know, the pot seems to be calling the kettle black, and then asking for a rule change.

In a completely different ballpark. I mentioned that you were coming across as condescending, (ETA) and I inferred that it might be as a result of you suffering from NPD. That is not the same as trolling and insulting people with mental health problems.

(May 15, 2013 at 9:48 am)Rhythm Wrote: Maybe don't post in R'lyeh or something....Thinking I mean, I think R'yleh is great - though I don't spend enough time there.

Yes, perhaps that is the best solution.
Sorry, I disagree. If you claim someone is narcissistic based on a limited amount of posts, or any amount of posts, not taking into account their real life behaviors, you're being an ass.
(May 15, 2013 at 10:06 am)festive1 Wrote: Sorry, I disagree. If you claim someone is narcissistic based on a limited amount of posts, or any amount of posts, not taking into account their real life behaviors, you're being an ass.

I disagree with our disagreement. Tongue

I did not claim that he is narcissistic without having any knowledge of his background; you've misinterpreted what I have written (or maybe I did not convey it correctly). I was already aware that he suffers from narcissistic personality disorder, and I inferred that the condescension might be a symptom of it (which it can be).
It was my error to split that thread from the HoS into R'lyeh, given the nature of the subject. Like CD said, hindsight is 20/20. Thread closed now, best thing I could've done to ameliorate my error.
(May 15, 2013 at 11:21 am)LastPoet Wrote: It was my error to split that thread from the HoS into R'lyeh, given the nature of the subject. Like CD said, hindsight is 20/20. Thread closed now, best thing I could've done to ameliorate my error.

Fair enough. Smile
(May 15, 2013 at 9:51 am)pocaracas Wrote: Cat murdered someone? O.o

And buried the corpse in R'lyeh, where it lies, dreaming...
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(May 15, 2013 at 11:45 am)Tonus Wrote:
(May 15, 2013 at 9:51 am)pocaracas Wrote: Cat murdered someone? O.o

And buried the corpse in R'lyeh, where it lies, dreaming...

Now I'm confused...
Marvin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  R'lyeh rule Excited Penguin 54 5659 February 17, 2016 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Suggestion for a minor rules change. Ravenshire 24 6292 July 8, 2015 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  just noticed the rules Coffee Jesus 28 4921 April 26, 2014 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  Why is having a mod on the ignore list against rules? Something completely different 147 30983 October 31, 2013 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Religious threats and the forum rules? Something completely different 17 6000 June 2, 2013 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Rules Change Shell B 16 5521 November 14, 2012 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Proposed Alteration to Forum Rules Existentialist 6 3551 October 27, 2010 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Shell B
  When complaining about other users who have broken the rules discussion Violet 4 2258 September 18, 2009 at 6:13 am
Last Post: Retorth
  Link posting rules Overmars 10 5711 August 13, 2009 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Thread rules? Giff 17 6864 April 16, 2009 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki