Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEBATE: Frodo Vs Kyu
DEBATE: Frodo Vs Kyu
OK,

Let's put our money where our mouth's are eh?

Frodo, I intend to formally challenge you to a one on one debate, in the debate forum.

The subject of the debate, if you accept the challenge, is, "God(s), Science & Evidence" and I suggest a formalised debate structure with opening statements, responses statements, summaries and deadlines (I will outline these later subject to your agreement). I do not mind if you want to make this a team event (Dagda seems to be on your wavelength so could make a possible team-mate) and I will post a suggested debate forum when I get your response ... if anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them Smile

If accepted, whilst I do not guarantee not to challenge you in other threads, I will do my best to draw other existing "discussions" to a close in favour of the debate.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
RE: DEBATE: Frodo Vs Kyu
Really great idea! Who will be your team-mate?

This will be the clash of the century, can't wait to see it. I will call it "El clasico" Big Grin
This will be amazing haha.
"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability." Oscar Wilde
My Blog | Why I Don't Believe in God
(April 16, 2009 at 4:03 am)Giff Wrote: Really great idea! Who will be your team-mate? This will be the clash of the century, can't wait to see it. I will call it "El clasico" Big Grin

I don't know yet, don't even know if if Frodo wants a team event or is even willing to debate me at all.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!

The debate have to take place. It would be such a classic and I think the debate will turn out to be really great.
if this happens it will be epic, looking forward to it
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
Great plan, I hope Fr0d0 agrees.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(April 16, 2009 at 5:18 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Great plan, I hope Fr0d0 agrees.

You should co co, it was your idea ... though to be fair the thought had crossed my mind idea before that (probably got lost in the vast emptiness LOL).

Kyu
Angry Atheism

What about your other commitments Kyu? I thought you weren't really available at present?

You seem an unlikely candidate for debate as you don't ever seem to want to speak to me whenever I address you seriously. You openly refuse to consider my points, and every time I can think of you present a barrage of expletives due to your 'frustration'. I expect you to behave in the exact same manner in any debate. Why wouldn't you?

In all of our conversations 'debate' is the last thing that comes to mind. If our conversations grew to the point where debate would follow naturally, then I wouldn't hesitate. As you constantly display an unwillingness to even converse on the simplest topic, I don't see the point.

I don't consider dagda to be anywhere close to my position BTW.

I respect some of your points of view, and am open to discussion. With respect, I don't think you're anywhere near that place.
Start a debate instead of arguing here, just or agree to the debate or not Fr0d0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IQ harry potter and frodo bagging Interaktive 12 1261 April 15, 2022 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Where to Debate Theists? Cephus 27 5868 April 13, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  Has the Atheism vs. Theism debate played it's course? MJ the Skeptical 49 10761 August 12, 2016 at 8:43 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Your favorite Atheist Theist Debate? Nuda900 11 4055 February 28, 2016 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: abaris
  A great atheist debate video. Jehanne 0 1182 February 14, 2016 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  What you see when you win a religious debate... x3 IanHulett 15 5181 October 20, 2015 at 7:45 am
Last Post: robvalue
  AF friends, an opinion on Bible debate, please drfuzzy 25 5394 October 1, 2015 at 10:50 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Dawkins' Debate Rejections Shuffle 46 11227 August 28, 2015 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Dawkins explains why he wont debate William Lane Craig Justtristo 45 11110 June 29, 2015 at 3:00 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Anyone want to debate this formally with me? Mystic 37 8307 November 5, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Angrboda