Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey's role in middle eastern politics
Turkey's role in middle eastern politics
About a hundred years ago, when the Ottoman empire was fighting the allied forces in the middle east, anatolia and the caucasus, we found ourselves awestruck. The arabs, our supposed brothers in faith, have made a pact with the British in order to drive us out. Although this is still a debated issue in Turkey(whether the arabs betrayed us or not), ask any arab, and they will tell you with pride how they kicked the Turks out with the help of Lawrence of Arabia, a popular figure in arab countries, more so than famous Turkish ghazis who have conquered lands far beyond the dreams of any Umayyad conqueror.
And again, not too far away in history, about 30-40 years ago, Turkish communists, who were known to shoot policemen, army officers and soldiers, along with public servants, founding illegal groups that they named "popular fronts for the liberation of Turkey", were trained in camps that were situated in Palestine, and along with them, armenian terrorists who were known to blow up embassies and airports, and killing Turkish diplomats, were also trained in Palestine, by the PLO.

And again, during the course of the last 30 years, many terrorist organisations that operated in Turkey were trained in Palestine.
We also know that countries such as Iraq and Syria helped them aswell.

So, how ironic is it that Turkey is now the most popular ass of the whole middle east? We have been beaten, stabbed and shanked by the arabs at every major turn in history, however now, we are shown to be sympathetic to their self-inflicted plight, and the west too, supports this notion by declaring us to be teh" big brothers of the arab nations".

Turkey is being shown as a "role model" to the arab nations, who have been quite secular nation states before Israel hit the scene, as an "islamic democrat" state.
This notion is as ridiculous as it is humiliating.
The more the west tries to do this, the more our foreign policy shifts to the middle east, as opposed to what it was actually fixed on.
Turkey is doing this, but do we gain anything out of it? Seriously?
What exactly did we gain from supporting Palestine and Lebanon?
Nothing. What exactly do we get from forming friendly relations from an autonomous region in Iraq that calls itself "Kurdistan" and hosts Kurdish terrorists within it's borders, all while claiming to have authority over Turkish cities such as Diyarbakır?
Do we gain even a drop of oil, even at the expense of our national pride?
No! We only gain shame, and the ridicule of western nations.
Do we gain anything, even a single contract that will result in Turkish economic presence in Syria, when we support the rebels? No!
What did we gain when we supported the rebels in Lybia?
I tell you what. The seizure of Turkish assets, and the home shipment of any and all Turkish citizens in Lybia.

And while we do this, the arab laughs and smiles under his hood, how he rules the ones that have ruled over them before. We're not even making allies or friends through any of these attempts, as we can tell from how Palestine(Hamas ruled Gaza) has declared Egypt to be the only benefactor that they accept in the Palestine problem, and how Palestine(Israeli occupied West bank) has visited south Cyprus and complained about how they are in the same situation? No, we have made no friends, no allies, and no monetary gain, nor did we exercise any kind of power over any middle eastern affairs, other than being a puppet for the west.
The Turkish public, in the meantime is fed lies, lies and more lies.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
RE: Turkey's role in middle eastern politics
You forgot about the horrors committed by the Ottomans.

I don't think of Turkey in the way you described. It's a little odd to label any country over there the "ass" when they are all being pretty asstastic at the moment.
(November 25, 2011 at 5:43 pm)Shell B Wrote: You forgot about the horrors committed by the Ottomans.

I don't think of Turkey in the way you described. It's a little odd to label any country over there the "ass" when they are all being pretty asstastic at the moment.
In what way do you think of Turkey? Besides, not all countries are anyhow asstastic, the west is going bankrupt, so they use nations that they deem as their hounds to bring down any enemies that they are not too keen on bringing down themselves...
Military intervention is the last resort to which the powers will use against a country that defies them.
The arab spring was just another case where we have seen their power display. Now Turkey is made a babysitter over the arab nations who have just overthrown their governments, although this had been decided a long time ago.

Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Good old Ottomans

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

Kurdish Terrorists, or freedom fighters?
Quote:Although this is still a debated issue in Turkey(whether the arabs betrayed us or not), ask any arab, and they will tell you with pride how they kicked the Turks out

Why on earth are you surprised that they despised an invader? The Turks were a Central Asian group who migrated West overrunning the Arabs in the process.

Can't be the whole muslim thing. Muslims gleefully slaughter each other all the time.
(November 25, 2011 at 6:05 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Good old Ottomans

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

Kurdish Terrorists, or freedom fighters?

Russian puppets and so-called "freedom fighters" do not concern me.
There is an old saying, "Those who measure a shroud for a Turk will themselves suffer a painful death."
(November 25, 2011 at 6:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Although this is still a debated issue in Turkey(whether the arabs betrayed us or not), ask any arab, and they will tell you with pride how they kicked the Turks out

Why on earth are you surprised that they despised an invader? The Turks were a Central Asian group who migrated West overrunning the Arabs in the process.

Can't be the whole muslim thing. Muslims gleefully slaughter each other all the time.
Oh, are you for real? The arabs converted us to Islam, took us as bodyguards for their elite regiments and ghulam squads, and invited us to Anatolia to supplement them in their fight against the Byzantines, and have presented us with the title of Khalif. They should be the last ones to complain.
And well, I'm saying this since they are now playing on the muslim thing, calling us their "muslim brethren" who have maintained the khalifa for hundreds of years and all...I'm not sure if they regret their past misdeeds, however I'm sure that they are using us for their own means to an extent.
We Turks on the other hand are happy to help them as our brothers in faith, just like we have helped the Bosniaks and Chechens who in turn have also betrayed Turks numerous times throughout history.
I'm not surprised, since none of them have mustered any amount of courage to stand against us without foreign help.
They are cowards, and without honor.

Quote:The arabs converted us to Islam, took us as bodyguards for their elite regiments and ghulam squads, and invited us to Anatolia to supplement them in their fight against the Byzantines, and have presented us with the title of Khalif. They should be the last ones to complain.

You don't understand imperialism very well, do you?
(November 25, 2011 at 6:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The arabs converted us to Islam, took us as bodyguards for their elite regiments and ghulam squads, and invited us to Anatolia to supplement them in their fight against the Byzantines, and have presented us with the title of Khalif. They should be the last ones to complain.

You don't understand imperialism very well, do you?

How exactly is this anyhow related to imperialism?
Every dog has his day. How is it that you can criticize the nations or cultures of others so easily while seeming so blind to the shortcomings of your own? We turks this, we turks that. It's always positive when you invoke your own heritage (usually to make derogatory comments about others heritage). We have people like this here in the States. You know those rednecks that sing "America, Fuck Yeah" and talk about turning your entire ancestral home to glass? You're the Turkish equivalent, apparently. What do I think of Turkey (not directed at me, but anyway)? Beautiful place, had it's day as a major player. Unlikely to become one again.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 25, 2011 at 7:02 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Every dog has his day. How is it that you can criticize the nations or cultures of others so easily while seeming so blind to the shortcomings of your own? We turks this, we turks that. It's always positive when you invoke your own heritage (usually to make derogatory comments about others heritage). We have people like this here in the States. You know those rednecks that sing "America, Fuck Yeah" and talk about turning your entire ancestral home to glass? You're the Turkish equivalent, apparently. What do I think of Turkey (not directed at me, but anyway)? Beautiful place, had it's day as a major player. Unlikely to become one again.
Our shortcomings had virtually no other impact on anyone else, but us.
However, the arabs had not only screwed themselves, but helped others to screw us over, which signed, by the way, their own death warrant as a nation in peace. Israel was formed from the ashes of the Ottoman Empire as a scourge to the neighboring arab nations, yet the arab still refuses to repent!
Not even for a minute do they stop and ask "where did we just go wrong?".
I however know where we made fatal mistakes, and the first one was to accept NATO dominion over our lands until today.
We should have quit the very day the Soviet Union collapsed.
By the way, I do not advocate the future of a place called Turkey in the future. I hope that we can form a much larger country with our brethren in the caucasus and central asia, a place where all Turks can feel secure and at home.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two things I want to talk about, politics wise ShinyCrystals 39 2436 September 23, 2023 at 6:39 am
Last Post: no one
  How does your WV inform your politics? FrustratedFool 142 7048 September 8, 2023 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  When Grown-Up Play Politics BrianSoddingBoru4 0 329 December 18, 2022 at 5:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Our politics is for slaves and suckers. brokefree 12 779 June 10, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: brewer
  I have some real politics for you. brokefree 6 492 June 10, 2021 at 1:48 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Politics and Twitter. Brian37 27 1361 May 6, 2021 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Irreligious Atheist
  Eastern Europe is richer than Russia. Victory Interaktive 4 360 January 14, 2021 at 11:35 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  "Tell All" books and politics........ Brian37 18 989 September 6, 2020 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Sal
  USA politics of hate Richi29 4 387 July 23, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Punishment for rape in Turkey? Marry your rapist. Mechaghostman2 2 310 January 23, 2020 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4