Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Perry's New Ad Gave Me Hives and an Eye Twitch
Rick Perry's New Ad Gave Me Hives and an Eye Twitch
Any ad that begins someone saying, "I'm not ashamed to be a christian, but you don't need to be in a pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country..."

Is a direct slap in the face of our founding fathers, and should be thought of as a disgrace/embarrassment to all Americans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...PAJNntoRgA

As a liberal, this ad makes me froth at the mouth.

You know why it's okay for gay people to serve openly in the military? Because someone's sexual orientation does not affect their abilities as a soldier. There are just as many gays in the military now, as there was when you just weren't supposed to ask or tell. What he's really saying is that it's not okay to be gay, and while he has a right to his opinion, I can't help but point out that if he becomes our president (FSM FORBID!), his opinion is going to affect everyone.

Since when did Obama begin his "war on religion"?

RE: Rick Perry's New Ad Gave Me Hives and an Eye Twitch
Perry's at 9% in the polls.

Apparently, even xtians hate his sorry ass.
Since when do children have to hide that they celebrate Christmas?

Poor, persecuted Christians...
That will never hold up in court...
I know, Min, but all that can change, as we know well.

Phae- I know! That's the dumbest thing to say. I am going to see my kid's christmas program at his school Thursday night. No one says you can't bow your head and silently ask your imaginary friend to change his grand plan for you in school. The only problem I have with prayers in school is when you make everyone do it.

Quote:I know, Min, but all that can change, as we know well.

It did change, hon. He was leading until he opened his mouth and showed everyone that he was an even bigger fool than Dubya.
Just something I've noticed with American political ads. I get why people say "I'm xxxxxx and I approve this message" if the message has been said by someone else (usually a voice actor speaking over images / videos of patriotic things), but what is the point of saying it when you're the only doing all the talking?

If he didn't say it, would there be some doubt cast over the message? Or do people think he's being held at gunpoint (possible since he's from Texas) and forced to say these things? It's a little oddity I've noticed from time to time...
Does anyone really take this guy seriously? I hope not...
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
(December 7, 2011 at 7:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I know, Min, but all that can change, as we know well.

It did change, hon. He was leading until he opened his mouth and showed everyone that he was an even bigger fool than Dubya.

You knew it was going to end badly when Texas Republicans described him as "Bush without the brains."

Seriously.
(December 7, 2011 at 7:25 pm)aleialoura Wrote: You know why it's okay for gay people to serve openly in the military? Because someone's sexual orientation does not affect their abilities as a soldier.

[role playing conservative]
They're supposed to be hiding in the closet so we can pretend they're not here because we're all so deeply insecure about our sexuality.
[/role playing conservative]

Quote:Since when did Obama begin his "war on religion"?

I often wish I was president. I can't imagine the screams of anguish that would come from Christians.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Quote:It's a little oddity I've noticed from time to time...

It's something that Dubya started and it has caught on. It bothers me less than when an intelligent guy like Obama has to end every speech with his "god bless you and god bless america" line of shit.

Of course, I make it a point to ignore political ads. That's why "Mute" buttons were invented.
The christian right is a fairly new political strategy, southern strategy started with nixon. They needed a sect of the population to persuade and get votes.
They created christian think tanks, and pac's, and universities, it was a planned strategic act.
Everything happens for a reason, it is no accident, all planned.
They use things like abortion and gays to polarize the people, and get us against each other.

Read. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_right

It's sick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 629 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  This honestly gave me chills NuclearEnergy 9 1167 January 20, 2017 at 10:10 am
Last Post: abaris
  Rick Perry to Head the Energy Department: Kiss Government Climate Science Goodbye Crossless2.0 31 5525 December 14, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Do You Feel Sorry For Rick Santorum? AFTT47 32 3395 February 3, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ted Cruz Event Gives 'Courage' Award to State Rep Who Gave Away Adoptees to Molester Pyrrho 14 3851 August 12, 2015 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  Rick Santorum says gays are at fault. Brian37 28 4352 October 25, 2014 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Brakeman
  Rick Perry Indicted Minimalist 34 4015 August 20, 2014 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Wouldn't This Fry Rick Perry's Testicles? Minimalist 0 731 February 12, 2014 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rick Perry does it again.... Raven 21 5581 July 3, 2013 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Wendy Davis:Gov Perry Has Demeaned His Office Raven 19 5206 July 3, 2013 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Brian37