Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the lamest "miracle"?
With all the various religions there are thousands of "miracles" that are claimed to have occurred. What do you think is the lamest of these so-called "miracles"? My vote is for the "miracle" of Hannukkah. A one day supply of oil "miraculously" lasted for eight days? This has to be the lamest "miracle" ever! It couldn't possibly have happened that they miscalculated how much oil they had? It couldn't be that someone added oil without telling anyone? And this is the best your deity can do? Stretch a supply of oil? Never mind all the people who are being persecuted and tortured.... let's worry about keeping a lamp burning! Yeesh!
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
RE: What is the lamest "miracle"?
One of the lamest and most pathetic miracles would probably the one where god helps a football team win a game while thousands of children are currently starving to death in Africa.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
So the Christians can keep their "values," a woman, out of nowhere, with no help from anyone, suddenly develops the Lord and Savior in her womb.
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
http://www.warriorbrideinternational.org/

I think I've mentioned this site earlier, but the author claims that putting the site together was a miracle that proves that she's on a mission from God.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
water into wine, stinks of illusionist
The lameness of the "Miracle of Christianity" is equal to the sum of the lameness of all miracles claimed by Christians, and is therefore the supreme lameness itself where lameness is concerned.

[Image: Evolution.png]

That Jews for Jesus guy on Maher's Religulous? He's like, I asked god for a sign, and it rained! And Bill's like.... Thinking

That's a good flick if you've missed it. Wink
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
Gotta be the walking on water thing. Mind freak
(December 12, 2011 at 2:36 am)houseofcantor Wrote: That Jews for Jesus guy on Maher's Religulous? He's like, I asked god for a sign, and it rained! And Bill's like.... Thinking

That's a good flick if you've missed it. Wink
I'd like to, but I can't find it on Blu-Ray. Cool Shades
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1650 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Miracle of the Sun. Jehanne 9 1422 August 20, 2018 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Miracle Spring water Joods 24 3692 June 27, 2018 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The undeniable miracle at Fatima pabsta 582 154710 August 19, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Another fake Catholic miracle. Jehanne 96 19360 August 11, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  You Can't Disprove a Miracle Rhondazvous 155 16313 March 18, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Proof of a Miracle? TrueChristian 13 4223 December 19, 2015 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  With Science and Archaeology and Miracle's evidence for God TheThinkingCatholic 35 11076 September 20, 2015 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Transubstantiation 'miracle' shenanigans Longhorn 59 12070 May 14, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
Question Amazing Coincidence, or Miracle? Castiel 79 18070 December 4, 2014 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Jackalope