Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The undeniable miracle at Fatima
The undeniable miracle at Fatima
Just curious what atheists think of the miracle at Fatima in 1917? A quick summary of the facts:

• 3 young children claimed a "lady from heaven" appeared out of nowhere in a remote field in Portugal where they were watching their animals, and the lady gave them a Catholic related message to relay to the people where they lived. This lady also told the children to meet her in this same location on the 13th of the month for the next 5 months at the same time where she would tell them more. Of course no one believed the children when they returned home with this news, and it caused a massive stir in their town.
  • The 3 children returned the following month, and many curious people came along with them. The children again claimed to see and speak with this "lady from heaven", but other bystanders could not see her. Since no one would believe the children, the lady told the children she would perform a miracle on her last visit (Oct 13, 1917) so as "to make the people believe".
  • The children returned home, and publicly predicted a miracle would occur on Oct 13, 1917 at 12 noon at the exact location in the field. This was months beforehand.
  • Massive crowds began to gather in the field as the days and weeks passed and this angered the government. The children were put in prison and threatened with death if they did not say this was all a lie. Despite the children being only ages 7 through 10, and being taken from their parents and threatened with death, they still insisted their story was true. They were later released.
  • On Oct 13, 1917, people from all over Western Europe traveled to the field in Fatima, Portugal to see if they could catch a glimpse of this predicted miracle. The rain was so heavy that day that the ground became flooded and muddy, forcing people to abandon their carriages and travel the rest of the way on foot. Despite the bad weather, 70,000 people still showed up.
  • As high noon arrived, the pouring rain suddenly stopped and the sun appeared. Suddenly the sun began to move and spin in the sky, casting all colors of the rainbow on the people. At first people were amazed, but then suddenly the sun appeared to hurl toward them such that most people thought they were going to die and began pleading for their lives. Testimonials state that the heat was intense and most people thought it was the end of the world. The sun then returned to its normal place.
  • According to testimonials, the incident lasted a full 10 minutes so there was no confusion that it happened, and there were many testimonials from people miles away who saw it as well. Most significant of all is the fact that all unanimously agreed that though they were all soaked to the bone from the pouring rain, their clothes and the ground were instantly dried after the incident!
  • The incident was in the newspapers the following day (available online), and multiple movies have been made over the years regarding the miracle, the most recent being "The 13th Day". A book of testimonials was also published called, "Meet the Witnesses" of which I have a copy here on my bookshelf. I can post many of those testimonials separately.
  • As I see it, some of the most significant facts that make this incident undeniable is 1) The 3 children's prediction of the miracle months beforehand to the exact place and time - that place and time given to them by this "lady from heaven". And 2) the instantaneous drying of the clothing of all the bystanders within minutes - impossible when you consider how long it would take to dry drenched clothing in a standard clothes dryer.

I'm curious what atheists think of this incident. Thanks

RE: The undeniable miracle at Fatima
Bullshit from the word "go."  Designed to fool morons.

At that, it is successful.
Remove the word "Undeniable" from the title of your thread if you want to be taken even just very slightly more seriously than a lobotomized baboon.

Thanks.
I deny it.
I find it completely deniable. 

But welcome to the forum anyway. Would you please consider an introduction thread. Thanks.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Ha, Fatima again?

[Image: 1d6e20c75f9d977d720d618c2a15a556b9e5e79e...517460.jpg]
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Lady of Fatima has been repeatedly debunked here.

BTDT.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 5, 2017 at 5:03 pm)pabsta Wrote: [size=medium][font=Times New Roman]Just curious what atheists think of the miracle at Fatima in 1917? A quick summary of the facts:

Where do you get these "facts" from?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Sounds stupid.

Oh, no! Will di Sun now come and bite us for denying di Lort's power? And dat of di Version Mother? Big Grin
Gee, who wodda thot staring at the sun could fuck up your eyes ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the lamest "miracle"? Thor 32 6304 November 23, 2022 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1650 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Miracle of the Sun. Jehanne 9 1422 August 20, 2018 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Miracle Spring water Joods 24 3692 June 27, 2018 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The 100-year anniversay of Fatima is coming-up! Jehanne 21 4970 October 13, 2017 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  Another fake Catholic miracle. Jehanne 96 19370 August 11, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  You Can't Disprove a Miracle Rhondazvous 155 16320 March 18, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Our Lady of Fatima? TrueChristian 22 4725 January 26, 2016 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Proof of a Miracle? TrueChristian 13 4223 December 19, 2015 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  With Science and Archaeology and Miracle's evidence for God TheThinkingCatholic 35 11078 September 20, 2015 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut