Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 3:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Resident Theists
RE: Dear Resident Theists
(August 30, 2015 at 1:47 am)Ronkonkoma Wrote:
(August 29, 2015 at 11:40 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Are you stupid, or do you just  think we are? 

/smh

I think you are.

Oh good, this conversation is officially over.  Bye bye, DonkeyComa.
The probability of getting at least one six while throwing a fair D6 die n times is 1 - (5/6)^n
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 30, 2015 at 1:50 am)Whateverist the White Wrote:
(August 30, 2015 at 1:47 am)Ronkonkoma Wrote: I think you are.

Oh good, this conversation is officially over.  Bye bye, DonkeyComa.

I'm sorry I was just joking.

My source is Hugh Ross, who is an astro-physicist at the University of British Columbia, where I studied. Of course I diodn't researched all of this, I just copied his references.

Otherwise I work as a doctor over here in Seattle. Don't have much time to research these things.
Why did you mention any of it? Were we to presume it was of no relevance to the discussion?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 29, 2015 at 11:42 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: ^ Tedious. I suspect Lucanus meant a source for the list itself and its bibliography, unless you actually did all the research yourself. In which case, kudos to you. Kudos I say.
^this
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(August 30, 2015 at 1:47 am)Ronkonkoma Wrote:
(August 29, 2015 at 11:40 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Bullsh*t.

No - these are NOT your sources. You've never even seen any of those publications. You just copied and pasted an old article by a creationist nut-job - Hugh Ross, as well as its list of dubious references. 
http://www.reasons.org/articles/probabil...h-apr-2004

Are you stupid, or do you just  think we are? 

/smh

I think you are.

Quote mining another website for sources you've never read And have no idea of the content?

That's not just stupid, it's intellectually dishonest and reveals that you're not interested in dialogue, merely strutting with academic references which, again, If anyone here asked you to cite the exact text within a reference that supports your thesis you'd be unable to do.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Prophecy: he'd just say "I gave you the source, read it for yourself".
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 30, 2015 at 5:23 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Prophecy: he'd just say "I gave you the source, read it for yourself".

Which, being a 'doctor' he'd know was actually not a way to forward an argument. Copy and pasting someone else's argument and saying 'I agree' is a fast track way to get kicked out of university with the academic staff laughing all the way to the bank with your tuition fee.

"What about source X or author X which you've presented supports your case in chapter Y?"
"...errr?
"Get out."
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(August 30, 2015 at 5:25 pm)Pandæmonium Wrote:
(August 30, 2015 at 5:23 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Prophecy: he'd just say "I gave you the source, read it for yourself".

Which, being a 'doctor' he'd know was actually not a way to forward an argument. Copy and pasting someone else's argument and saying 'I agree' is a fast track way to get kicked out of university with the academic staff laughing all the way to the bank with your tuition fee.

"What about source X or author X which you've presented supports your case in chapter Y?"
"...errr?
"Get out."
jea just don't read what I write.
(August 29, 2015 at 10:30 am)Neimenovic Wrote:
(August 29, 2015 at 10:28 am)ChadWooters Wrote: I'd like to hear you try to prove that assertion without referencing some a priori principle.

Would you like to hear why Bigfoot must exist? I can prove he exists without any tangible evidence, by using half assed arguments. That makes him real.

You can try if you like, but first I am calling your bluff. Prove that you can demonstrate the existence of anything without making any a priori assumptions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God ignoramus 21 7032 June 12, 2017 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Drich
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 5015 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Dear Religion TubbyTubby 37 8794 January 16, 2015 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  A small thanks to the resident Theists.. Mystical 557 251542 March 30, 2014 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Chas
  Theists: What makes your claims right and the claims of other theists wrong? Ryantology 29 8495 March 21, 2014 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Dear ex-theists Bad Writer 55 14621 March 15, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Dear Forum... JesusFreeeek69 53 21019 January 31, 2012 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Mitja
  Dear God: Get the hell out of our schools! DiRNiS 15 6611 May 19, 2011 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla