Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 11:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Day will come as a trap on all the world
RE: That Day will come as a trap on all the world
(September 20, 2014 at 8:36 pm)professor Wrote: The only thing is the sound will not come from a central location but rather from all the inhabited lands of the earth.

Ok, I'm going to pull a Drich - no giggliing at the back, or you'll be kept in at break - and ask for book, chapter and verse for this.

(September 20, 2014 at 8:36 pm)professor Wrote: My post on this topic would be grounds for discipline within most church groups.

You little rebel, you!

(September 20, 2014 at 8:36 pm)professor Wrote: I do know this- when the enemy comes in, like a flood the Lord will raise a standard against him. It won't be all devil in the wrap-up.

How do you know this?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 20, 2014 at 8:36 pm)professor Wrote: My post on this topic would be grounds for discipline within most church groups.
I do know this- when the enemy comes in, like a flood the Lord will raise a standard against him. It won't be all devil in the wrap-up.

Um? What do you mean grounds for discipline in most churches. I spent my childhood in and out of churches, my relatives are still heavily involved, and unless gossip and rolling of the eyes is discipline, there is no such thing as church discipline except perhaps with regard to pastors. My experience is with Methodists, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Episcopalians, and a few Baptists and Catholics.
What denomination are you professor?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Stimbo first (sucking up to the prophet in residence and Mod)

The sound will come from graves giving up the dead /transformed.
(The dead in Christ rise first- is in the bible).
When the enemy comes in, like a flood the Lord will raise a standard against him.
This is bible. The devil is the enemy (also bible)

Jenny- no denomination at all, attended some never joined one.
Became a Christian by myself alone one night.
Went to one meeting in a bible believing church prior to that.

Most of the denominations (especially the old line ones) treat prophecy as an embarrassment.
Something to be avoided, even though a third of the Bible is prophetic.

They have taken up the Catholic doctrine of Replacement theology, declaring a lie-
saying that the Church has replaced Israel and the Jews.

Likewise the mainlines do not believe in the Rapture.
Most of their members will be here after that event.
Full Gospel churches (pentecostal),independent and Church of God are among the exceptions.
Stimbo thank you.
I am in absolute rebellion to lying about what God said.

There is to be the sound of the Last Trump but I do not know if it will be audible.
Just as when the voice of God came declaring : "This is my beloved son- hear him"
Some heard a voice, some said it thundered.
(September 20, 2014 at 9:29 pm)professor Wrote: Jenny- no denomination at all, attended some never joined one.
Became a Christian by myself alone one night.
Went to one meeting in a bible believing church prior to that.

Most of the denominations (especially the old line ones) treat prophecy as an embarrassment.

They have taken up the Catholic doctrine of Replacement theology, declaring a lie-
saying that the Church has replaced Israel and the Jews.

Likewise the mainlines do not believe in the Rapture.
Most of their members will be here after that event.
Full Gospel churches (pentecostal),independent and Church of God are among the exceptions.

In other words the idea of discipline is hyperbole. They're gonna roll their us at you, just like me. Wink

And yes, the Bible is both full of prophets and full of prophecy. It's just that they're usually either wrong, or so vague that rightness and wrongness is a matter of opinion and hardly worth the time.

So, you stick to your date and admit when you're wrong and give the whole damn thing up when you are and you'll have my respect. But, while I do expect that you will be shown wrong, I don't expect you will give it up (God I mean). You'll find an excuse for him.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(September 20, 2014 at 9:29 pm)professor Wrote: The sound will come from graves giving up the dead /transformed.
When the enemy comes in, like a flood the Lord will raise a standard against him.
[Image: philosoraptor-meme-the-devil2.jpg]
(September 20, 2014 at 9:29 pm)professor Wrote: Stimbo first (sucking up to the prophet in residence and Mod)

The sound will come from graves giving up the dead /transformed.

Re-read revelations again matey.

When the devil(beast) comes it is because god has commanded it.

There is no battle between god and the devil in revelations. All of the death, misery and suffering is at the command of your evil,evil god.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
What really amuses me is that all this stuff has been Assanged into the bible, so that "Satan" et al know precisely what's coming up. "God" is one shitty general, to hand over the Prima Strategy Guide to the Final Battle. No wonder it's so pissed off all the time.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 20, 2014 at 9:29 pm)professor Wrote: Most of the denominations (especially the old line ones) treat prophecy as an embarrassment.

I am in absolute rebellion to lying about what God said.
Since the Catholics Edited the bible and determined canon, how can you claim they don't have it right?

Don't you think that they talk to god too? Do you think jesus lies to them in their prayers?

Tell us what jesus told you directly, NOT what you squirrel out of the bible...
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Brakeman, there has been extensive posts recently over on the http://www.fivedoves.com website by Pastor Bob on how and why Catholicism did an end run around the Received texts (I think that was the term) upon which the King James version was done.
The abundant copyrighted bibles (maybe not the new kj -I don't know) are based on the corrupted texts of Wescott and Hort which Catholicism favors and which the "Daughters of Rome" (as Bob calls them) have come under the spell of the Harlot mother.
The user name Pastor Bob is an understatement of the depth of research and knowledge this guys possesses.
He is a super historian.
A sample post from Bob on "All roads lead to Rome" is here-
http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/sep2014...b913-3.htm.

Now, as for your question to me about hearing from God.
It says those who are LED by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.

I get an impression usually, or a word or strong thought in my mind.
One of my best friends has heard God's audible voice on 2 occasions- both times when he needed to make a real important choice.
Others have very infrequently heard the same.
I have had 2 visions in my 40+ years on the Gospel road- one open and one closed.
Some have dreams (portents) they have to evaluate or get the meaning of.
We are all different.
Nothing from God will contradict what is written in the original texts ( I say this to differentiate between the corrupted ones put out and the one that is closest to original -the KJ)
The phenomenal creative ability of God seen in nature spills over to ourselves and how He deals w/ us.
He has chosen the path of faith rather than open direction that everyone would rather have.
This is how it IS. I did not make up the rules.
Paul said of the Jews, the veil (over their minds) is removed WHEN they turn to the Lord.
We always want it the other war around.
We want to find before we seek.
We want to have the door opened before we knock.
It just does not work that way and no amount of tantrums and kicking feet will change it.
(September 21, 2014 at 10:22 am)professor Wrote: Brakeman, there has been extensive posts recently over on the http://www.fivedoves.com website by Pastor Bob on how and why Catholicism did an end run around the Received texts (I think that was the term) upon which the King James version was done.

Never mind.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1436 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2770 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Chris Brown should be come a Christian Tarasoft11 15 2548 September 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 773706 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come? Rhondazvous 237 36968 September 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 70116 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  'it will come back to you' Longhorn 23 5128 June 20, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Christians Come to the Waters... daver49 2 1265 March 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Christians come to atheist forums watchamadoodle 112 25319 March 17, 2015 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  And Hells come back to haunt me themonkeyman 515 227164 April 15, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: snowtracks