Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, Atheists
Smile 
Hello, Atheists
Hi, Atheist Forum people. I'm a not-quite-18-year-old American Christian come to tell you how much Jesus loves you! *Cue the weird little squicky sound of thousands of eyes rolling.*
Actually, I'm here to learn more about atheism from actual atheists, and discuss interesting stuff with other skeptical people. I've been reconsidering my faith for the last year and finally decided to definitely be a Christian after all when I read Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion this week. (I'm actually a third of the way into it, haven't finished it yet. Super-complex subject matter to think about!)
I'm also a novice science fiction writer and thinking about going into one or other of the sciences as a day-career. So... hooray for science! XD
RE: Hello, Atheists
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
As someone who is not religious, Welcome.
Quote:I've been reconsidering my faith for the last year and finally decided to definitely be a Christian after all when I read Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion this week. (I'm actually a third of the way into it, haven't finished it yet.

Get back to us when you finish it!
Hello.
Hi there Smile
Hi Cory. Great to see a Christian who's not gnostic.
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

'The God Delusion = Super-complex subject matter to think about'

Well, that's unfortunate. Welcome.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Thanks for all the welcomes! Big Grin

(June 7, 2013 at 12:15 am)Minimalist Wrote: Get back to us when you finish it!
I certainly will. The book may not have convinced me, but it has given me a lot to think about. (I was hoping he'd have better objections to the God I actually believe in... but I haven't started chapter 4 yet, so hey, there's still a chance.)

(June 7, 2013 at 12:47 am)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: 'The God Delusion = Super-complex subject matter to think about'

Well, that's unfortunate. Welcome.
Unfortunate how?
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello! Just need to commune with some fellow atheists in a religious world. Rosie_Rivets 11 1958 November 11, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: CWoods
  Hello fellow atheists Macoleco 21 1920 August 25, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello, Atheists are going to hell :) Shaddam IV 26 4419 November 23, 2015 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hello Fellow Atheists! Shuffle 30 5285 July 29, 2015 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Athene
  hello atheists from around the earth ! Memz 23 6962 April 24, 2012 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Memz
  Hello my fellow atheists! GoodbyeGod 14 4052 April 1, 2012 at 10:07 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Hello fellow atheists Foxtrot Uniform 21 4925 May 18, 2011 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Violet
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm