Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do Christians Mean by "Restoe our Nation?"
What do Christians Mean by "Restoe our Nation?"
I heard a Christian man prying over lunch. I didn’t hear everything he said, but he started asking god about stuff that had little to do with food. I made out something about “Lord help them restore this great nation.” I missed who “them” is.

It struck me as odd because it sounds like the same thing the tea baggers say when they talk about taking the nation back. Take it back from where? Restore it from what to wheat?

I know they’re not talking about police brutality, fascism, political corruption, poverty, social inequality or capital graft. They never had a problem with these things before.

So what are they talking about?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: What do Christians Mean by "Restoe our Nation?"
Some people legitimately believe our nation started as a christian theocracy. Even I believed it growing up. These people see the resurgence of secular values as corruption in this wholesome christian society, and pray to god to "make the country great again". They want the country restored to a point where it was pretty close to a theocracy, not knowing that in itsself was a degradation of what the country was founded on.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

They want a Christian Theocracy.
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm not sure about "restoe..."

But to Restore it is to put God back into how we govern ourselves. to restore it back to how our founding Fathers established it
(February 2, 2016 at 3:23 pm)Drich Wrote: But to Restore it is to put God back into how we govern ourselves. to restore it back to how our founding Fathers established it

So back to the days where we had slavery, only men were allowed to own property and vote, and kill Native Americans for their land.

Sounds about right.
(February 2, 2016 at 3:23 pm)Drich Wrote: I'm not sure about "restoe..."

But to Restore it is to put God back into how we govern ourselves. to restore it back to how our founding Fathers established it

The only constant in life is change.

Of course, your kind wants to go back in time so that you can exploit the rights of others but it isn't going to happen.

The county has evolved and become more human in that it recognizes the rights of many different people...not just white christians.

You can rant and rave at the progress all you want...but it will proceed.

Welcome to the planet....evolve or die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGH-6adzue0
Well, obviously god's not actually going to do anything about it, so we need busybodies running around presuming to act on his behalf. Apparently.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(February 2, 2016 at 3:30 pm)Divinity Wrote:
(February 2, 2016 at 3:23 pm)Drich Wrote: But to Restore it is to put God back into how we govern ourselves. to restore it back to how our founding Fathers established it

So back to the days where we had slavery, only men were allowed to own property and vote, and kill Native Americans for their land.

Sounds about right.

Exactly, because it benefits them and they don't care about anyone else.
(February 2, 2016 at 3:38 pm)GodCherry Wrote:
(February 2, 2016 at 3:30 pm)Divinity Wrote: So back to the days where we had slavery, only men were allowed to own property and vote, and kill Native Americans for their land.

Sounds about right.

Exactly, because it benefits them and they don't care about anyone else.

You could always give it back... I'm sure the tribe who got the Island of Manhattan for a glass bead necklace would gladly trade back

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7809 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31243 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51166 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Christian Nation? radical97 75 8724 October 15, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  "The United States is a Christian-founded nation" Boris Karloff 67 17363 October 3, 2014 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: radical97
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15806 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  What does it mean to "bless" something? Brakeman 36 6556 September 9, 2013 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Backwards nation Doubting_Thomas 72 23421 November 6, 2012 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Christian Nation chi pan 78 24489 November 1, 2012 at 2:47 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Fuck This "Xtian Nation" Shit! Minimalist 236 92273 October 23, 2012 at 1:15 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko