Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 8:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
RE: Atheism the unscientific believe.
(August 20, 2015 at 11:12 pm)Redbeard The Pink Wrote:
(August 20, 2015 at 3:56 pm)Little Rik Wrote: Your deep ignorance is outstanding.
Well before the Latin and Greek era further east in the Indian subcontinent arts literature and science
were created.

systems of science whose antiquity baffled all power of astronomical calculation
William Cooke Taylor

The study of language in India was much more objective and scientific than in Greece or Rome
Walter Eugene Clark

https://www.facebook.com/notes/salil-gew...9974678035

You're citing...somebody's Facebook notes? As a source?... Huh

Look, I have zero interest in whatever alchemical-yoga-pseudoscience you and your facebook friend think you've dredged up from the ancient world. I'm talking about actual science, under the modern English definition, and that kind of science is a systematic study of the natural world based on evidence.

That kind of science has crushed virtually every testable religious claim that's brought before it, to such an extent that apologists have been reduced to hiding behind circular logic and "God of the Gaps" while their pocket of viable scientific ignorance for Gaud to exist in grows smaller, and smaller, and smaller by the day. They've been forced to hide behind claims that cannot be tested by science because science is (among other things) the scythe to which superstition falls and the thresh that batters the chaff of ignorance to the wind. You don't get to call your Chopra-choker bullshit "science," and you don't get to tell us what the word "science" means. If you want to bring up some ancient ghost story that happens to involve math, don't refer to it as science because that's not what the word means. At best what you have is pseudoscience, and if we're being honest what you actually have is some made-up bullshit.
Redman, you call yourself a bad person?
You're a better person than I'll ever be.
I just don't know where you get the motivation and the energy to argue with these types...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 20, 2015 at 11:12 pm)Redbeard The Pink Wrote:
(August 20, 2015 at 3:56 pm)Little Rik Wrote: Your deep ignorance is outstanding.
Well before the Latin and Greek era further east in the Indian subcontinent arts literature and science
were created.

systems of science whose antiquity baffled all power of astronomical calculation
William Cooke Taylor

The study of language in India was much more objective and scientific than in Greece or Rome
Walter Eugene Clark

https://www.facebook.com/notes/salil-gew...9974678035

Quote:You're citing...somebody's Facebook notes? As a source?... Huh

So, according to you it is more important where the source come from than whether the source make sense or not?
I would have thought you are a little bit smarter than that Pinky.

Quote:Look, I have zero interest in whatever alchemical-yoga-pseudoscience you and your facebook friend think you've dredged up from the ancient world.

I don't give a butt whether you are interested or not.
The reality is very clear.
Science started long long before this modern world and science always refer to a system of acquiring knowledge without limits about the source of knowledge.

Quote:I'm talking about actual science, under the modern English definition, and that kind of science is a systematic study of the natural world based on evidence.

There is no such a thing as the actual science.
Science is one and the meaning of this word is one whether is in the modern English or the old Sanskrit.

Quote:That kind of science has crushed virtually every testable religious claim that's brought before it, to such an extent that apologists have been reduced to hiding behind circular logic and "God of the Gaps" while their pocket of viable scientific ignorance for Gaud to exist in grows smaller, and smaller, and smaller by the day. They've been forced to hide behind claims that cannot be tested by science because science is (among other things) the scythe to which superstition falls and the thresh that batters the chaff of ignorance to the wind. You don't get to call your Chopra-choker bullshit "science," and you don't get to tell us what the word "science" means. If you want to bring up some ancient ghost story that happens to involve math, don't refer to it as science because that's not what the word means. At best what you have is pseudoscience, and if we're being honest what you actually have is some made-up bullshit.

Yoga is not a religion and has never been crushed by anybody.
On the other hand a lot of physical so called evidence has been crushed and end up in the
rubbish bin of history.  Smile
(August 20, 2015 at 5:38 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(August 20, 2015 at 3:35 pm)Little Rik Wrote: I always find very very difficult to understand your deep philosophy behind your words.
You will have to excuse me if i humbly ask you what you really mean.
Do you mean that if someone make filthy references about your mother you will let it go
and let at the same time turn this forum into a dump tavern where the pit of humanity
roam among cigarettes butts and stale urine?
Please Stim help Little Rik to understand.  I'm all ears!

The word was no. I'm sorry if you have difficulty understanding one of the shortest words in English. Taking the piss will not alter my response.

I am so sorry mate ehm Stim.
I just misunderstood you and the rules that deal with NO flaming.
I thought that when the rules say.........This rule is intended to prevent people from using the forum just to attack other members, or to bully opponents into submission.........means also
using a filthy reference about someone mother but i was wrong so please accept my deep apologies.
Will you forget me Stim?
Please forgive me.  Hi  I'm Sorry  Hi
And that's why we have Staff to interpret and enforce the Rules, instead of leaving it up to muppets in open threads.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
There's a joke involving Rik's mother and rivers of semen merging into bigger rivers of semen somewhere, but I'm far too tired and too much of a wimp to actually hammer something together right now Angel
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
As a rider to my previous comments, while complaints thus far have been largely irrelevant, this isn't a licence for a free-for-all. Let's make some pretense at keeping the tone up.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
So let me get this straight.The argument has boiled down to:

What is science?
Rik is saying science originated in India or whatever and what they think or said is science - is science.
Can Rik provide a coherent definition of his definition of science?

On a side note,it is a total waste to discuss the origin of the word and its 100 year old history.
(August 21, 2015 at 8:01 am)pool Wrote: So let me get this straight.The argument has boiled down to:

What is science?
Rik is saying science originated in India or whatever and what they think or said is science,is science.

On a side note,it is a total waste to discuss the origin of the word and its 100 year old history.

Rik cannot provide anything coherent....
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
(August 21, 2015 at 8:14 am)lkingpinl Wrote:
(August 21, 2015 at 8:01 am)pool Wrote: So let me get this straight.The argument has boiled down to:

What is science?
Rik is saying science originated in India or whatever and what they think or said is science,is science.

Rik cannot provide anything coherent....

Coherent is an interesting word Iki.
Suppose that at the end of your evolutionary journey you merge in the ocean of cosmic consciousness
and become one with God.
What would you think about today when you are saying that ..........There is a God, I'm not Him.....
I mean how can you be coherent by believing that there is a separation between you and God and then find yourself as God.
Is not that now you pretend that a drop of water can be stopped from entering the ocean because a separation is the norm?
Where you got the idea that there got to be a separation? I'm all ears!
Too bad king is a creationist Rikky Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2927 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6731 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2898 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 3125 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5936 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 88664 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3580 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5377 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4838 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 26153 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic